Monday, June 1, 2020

The ABCs of ME


I recently saw this idea on another blog (thanks, Lea) and asked could I borrow it.  She said she had borrowed it from another blogger😊 and told me to go for it.  So just in case you were wondering (which you probably weren’t)….



A- Age:   Don’t you know it’s not nice to ask a lady her age???  (But if I must, I will be 71 very soon…only my brain tells me that can’t possibly be!!!)
B- Bed size:  King…we’ve always had a king; I don’t think we could sleep on anything else!

 C- Chore you hate:   Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe….mopping or ironing?  Probably ironing!  But give me a sink full of dishes to wash, and I’m happy😊



D- Dog’s name:  No pets these days.  Last dog we had was a Cocker Spaniel named Mickey.  After him I swore I’d never have another one.  He had a mental breakdown when our son went off to college…and I about had one with him!  But I do love dogs!!!

E- Essential start your day item:  walk and prayer time; I love to walk and pray out in nature   (and, of course, a cup of coffee or cappuccino!)

 F- Favorite color:  probably RED but I like most all colors

 G- Gold or silver: if you are talking about the kind you find in a mine, I’ll take gold!!!  But if you mean jewelry, I wear more silver than gold.

H- Height:  If I were asked this a month ago I would have said 5 feet (just like I had been saying for YEARS), but my granddaughter recently informed me I was taller…she measured me and I was!!!  5’1”…who knew???  evidently not me!


I- Instruments you play: sadly none; took piano a couple years but it never really took.  However, my sister is an extremely gifted pianist!

J- Job title- “retired” teacher after 40 ½ years…and I still miss it every day.  I loved, loved, loved being a teacher.

K- Kid(s)- one son (47) who lives with his family a couple neighborhoods over and one daughter who lives in Heaven with her heavenly father; we lost her in 1986 at the age of 9…miss her every single day.  Also have 2 fabulous grandkids😊

My grandson's Corona Virus hair!!!  Son doesn't have to worry about that:)


L- Living arrangements:  happily married for almost 50 years (late June)…he’s the best husband I could ever wish for😊


M- Mom’s name: Betty; she’s 91!

N- Nicknames: Cheri.  When I was a child I was often called Cherry Blossom or Cherry Pie.  Today only family calls me Cheri, but it’s also now my grandmother name…and I love that😊
O- Overnight hospital stay(s): several times as a child with pneumonia; twice for childbirth; once for severe asthma; once for surgery on infected lymph node (which was feared to be the Big C but thankfully not!)

P- Pet peeve: How much time do you have?  1.  blaming me for something I didn’t do   2.  pulling out in front of me and then going 20 miles an hr.   3.  people who are perpetually late….I’ll save the rest for later!

Q- Quote from a movie:   Oh dear…there’s so many good ones, but I’ll choose two from one of my favorite movies PRETTY WOMAN.
“I want the fairy tale”   and  “She rescues him right back.”  I’m a sucker for a Cinderella story
There are no words to say how much I adore this outfit!


R- Right or left handed: Right

S- Siblings: 3….a brother 4 ½ yrs. older, a brother 12 yrs. younger, a sister 16 years younger….yes, we are s-p-r-e-a-d out!

T- Time you wake up: Thankfully now that I’m retired I can get up when I want (unless I have a definite appointment), but I am normally up between 7:00 and 7:30.

U- Underwear:   Why would ANYBODY want to know that???  I will tell you I do NOT wear Granny Panties!


V- Vegetable you dislike: I would never eat vegetables as a child…never!  But today I like lots of them, but not cauliflower or brussel sprouts

W- Ways you run late: If I am late, you know “something” is wrong.  I hate being late!  I guess if I had a flat tire or the car wouldn’t start it would be an excuse, but I would still hate it!

X- X-Rays you’ve had: Yet another strange question.  Nothing major but I’m sure I’ve had a few over the years.  Why not ask about some X-citement😊

Y- Yummy food you make:   I’m a pretty good southern cook, even make homemade biscuits but I make REALLY good Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Z- Zoo favorite: I’ve never visited many zoos although the best one by far was the San Francisco Zoo.  Guess my favorite animal to watch would be the monkeys.  Who doesn’t love cute monkey antics?


Well, hope I haven’t put anyone totally to sleep with this post!  But maybe you learned at least one interesting fact about me. 

Soooo….

*choose a letter (or two) and tell me a thing (or two) about yourself.  I love meeting and learning about new people.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to learn some thins about you.
    A - Just turned 69 May 30
    C - cleaning bathrooms but I like washing dishes like you.
    E - Walk and pray and read Bible
    F - Red
    H - 5'5"
    M - Ida
    S - only child
    Y - chocolate chip cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see we have a few things in common:)

      Delete
  2. What a fun post. I'm taking V for veggies I dislike. I'd say beets, but I found a way that I find them tasty and I actually posted it on my blog today. I'm 69 and turn 70 next month. I had great plans, but now thinking of how I want to celebrate the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early Happy Birthday! I turned 70 last year...still can't believe it! My mother and my sister love beets but for me NO THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh Cheri that was fun. Thanks for sharing. I might have to do this in a later blog but I figure you all know me pretty well by now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you should do it. I'm sure that's lots more about you we would want to know:)

      Delete
  4. I love this! I love most vegetables but not brussel sprouts! I do love cauliflower! I have always said I am 5' but was a little over that, age shrinks us and I am probable less than that now. Love your wedding pic! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!