Sunday, June 21, 2020

B A R G A I N I S T A !!!!


I follow a couple of blogs that I am about to shuck off my list.  I won’t name them (of course), but they are fashion blogs by ladies that evidently have a huge part of their budget allotted to clothes, shoes, & accessories.  Everything they ever feature are items that (to me) are extremely pricey.  But then what is it they say…one gal's dollar is another girl's penny???  (I just made that up but I think you get my meaning:)

I am a BARGAIN HUNTER and I don’t apologize.  As I’ve written before on this blog, I learned years ago when we were in college young, married, & basically broke to make every penny count.  And the rest, they say, is history.  I guess all that frugality became a habit because there’s not much I enjoy more than finding great products at great prices…in other words, an awesome DEAL!

Some might say I’m being CHEAP, but I do realize that “what you pay for is sometimes what you get” and that sometimes you really do need to pay more now so that you get more in the long run .  For example, I like to buy store brands when possible but there are certain things that I absolutely must  have the best brand out there....

BOUNTY paper towels; the bargain kinds just aren’t worth it.

BLUE BELL Ice Cream…absolutely none better (other than maybe my homemade peach made with our good ole’ GA PEACHES!)


FOLGERS coffee...we use K cups.



So…let’s go bargain hunting and let me show you that you really can find comparable or at least similar items to get a bigger bang for your buck!  Let’s look at some SPLURGEs  vs  some BARGAINs….

Want to be stylish with the latest trend in summer purses?  

Splurge:

CIRCLE STRAW CROSSBODY BAG   GO HERE




$109…cute but that navy won’t go with everything, so how about:

Bargain:

$25.95  And the neutral color will go with everything


How about a cute dress to go with your new purse???

Splurge:

$149  Voile Hibiscus Maxi Dress @ TALBOTS


Bargain:  Less colorful but also less $$$

$18.60 @ Wal Mart
Wal Mart has really upped their game in fashion!

These days of lounging around during the Corona “Shelter in Place” order will be much more enjoyable in a comfy tee shirt dress like these…

Splurge:

$74.99 (reg. $99) @ CHICOS

Bargain:

$26.99 and lots of colors to choose from  


Of course, we can’t go shopping without picking up a few pair of SHOES!!!  And when it comes to SHOES I can sniff out the bargains like a bloodhound ...I just have a NOSE for SHOES!!!  And these days I'm really into SNAKESKIN prints:) 

SPLURGE:         $149.90  love the shoes, but not the price! Yikes! 
Get these @ NORDSTROM

                                           
BARGAIN:  (oh so many bargains…I had a very hard time choosing!) 
$18.00 on sale…and I like this brand!

$19.99 at my favorite place for a bargain…TJMaxx!

I have LOTS more bargains for you, but I'll save some for later!  I don't want to spoil you all at once...I'm nice like that!

And since we still are supposed to be sheltering in place for the most part, you can get all these bargains ONLINE...yeah!!!  But if you do go out to the malls or stores, BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR MASK & USE HAND SANITIZER.  Also, please remember the small business owners that really need our support right now.  Etsy and your local hometown stores are a good place to start.  

PS:  I can't vouch for any of these items since I haven't (yet) purchased them, so do read any reviews and determine the value yourself.
PSS:  Hope all these links work...whew!  That was a chore!!!


HAPPY  SHOPPING
Nothing like a little RETAIL THERAPY to lift your spirits!























15 comments:

  1. Bounty is my kind too! I also use some store brands but some just aren't "up to snuff":) Thanks for sharing these comparisons, I am also a frugal shopper! Enjoy your day dear Cheri, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a good bargain hunting partner!!! Too bad you don't live close by:(

      Delete
    2. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

      Delete
  2. I get it with the fashion blogs. I can't relate. And yes, Bounty is best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie, there is one gal on youtube that I really like...Theresa Rene. She is a bargain hunter (for the most part) like me! BUT...she sure does buy a lot of clothes, etc. Can't imagine where she keeps them all!

      Delete
  3. Girl, You have my vote. I liked your choices better and the prices ..well that is very nice. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want to pay those high prices!!!

      Delete
  4. LOVE this post, Cheri!! I was raised by Depression Era parents. My mom basically said what you said here, there are some things very worth the price, but for most, the bargain is best. And as a fashion major in college and someone who worked for both Pottery Barn and Coach, I cannot bring myself to pay full price for those brands, knowing their actual costs. I bought things like Coach bags for $15 each during their overstock sales. Now that's a bargain! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...that was a huge bargain. My wonderful hubby has given me a couple Dooney & Bourkes but I myself would never pay that much for a purse!!! Sounds like you have had an interesting career:)

      Delete
  5. I am with you I will take a bargain any day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you're saying!!

    I too use the bounty paper towels. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've grown very weary of the fashion blogs. I really get a bit tired of seeing pics of the blog owner every single post modeling clothes. I am a sale shopper and rarely ever pay full price for clothes or shoes. Great and enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. amen sistah!!! love that maxi dress from walmart...going to order!
    I would much rather have bargain clothes that are inexpensive that when I get tired of it, I just get another with no guilt!! I chase bargains every time I shop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely floating in the same boat:) Love a bargain!

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!