Thursday, May 28, 2020

SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO CRY


For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;    (from Ecclesiastes 3)




For me, today has been a time to weep…well, actually I’ve been weeping a lot this week.  Two lives that were precious to me have been lost in the last few days.  One was a high school friend (I won’t name) who through the years had a lot of troubles and sadness in his life; the other was the sweetest 91 year old lady named Ruth but everyone lovingly called her Ruthie Baby…she loved that!  Ruth and my 47 year old son had this wonderful friendship that began quite a few years back.  He would often drop by to visit her.  They would sit on her front porch…her with her glass of wine and he with a beer…and just enjoy the heck out of each other.  Ruthie just the other day told her son that she had had a dream that she was in heaven and my son was singing to her.  My son teared up when he told me that….a time for him to weep too.



Life can be so good, but life can also bring heartaches.  I know it’s often been said we need the “bad” to help us more appreciate the “good”, but I’m selfish…I don’t want the bad to hurt so badly!  These days my feelings seem to be so raw…this isolation, social distancing, not knowing who or what to believe…some days it just becomes almost too difficult to bare.  But I know God is walking through all of this with us and so I remind myself:

“there is a time to heal”
“there is a time to laugh”
“there is a time to dance”
“a time to embrace”  (can’t wait for those hugs!)
“a time to mend”
“a time for peace”.

I just pray it all comes soon. 



PS:  If you pray, please send up a prayer for my friend’s 17 year old grandson who was seriously injured in an automobile accident.  If you don’t pray, please just send out some well wishes and good thoughts for him.  His name is Dillon.

17 comments:

  1. Oh Cheri, how desperately sad. Of course, there are prayers, and I'll add one for you to help you find the emotional strength during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Prayers always appreciated:)

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for the loss of your two friends and for Dillion. I will pray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) Praying for each other is a blessing to both the one praying and the one being prayed for, don't you think?

      Delete
  3. Cheri, Praying for you, and your son's aching hearts. Also prayers for Dillion. I too find myself getting the blues and crying lots. We have to keep praying for one another. We need God to know we care. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susie. And you are so right...we need to pray for each other. Don't know what I would do if I didn't have my heavenly Father to talk to:)

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss, Cheri, prayers for the families, and for Dillion"s quick recovery!
    Through all the things happening now, I have found solace in God's Word, just as you have! Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sue, thank you so much for dropping by and especially for your prayers. What in the world do people who don't know God do, especially in times of sadness or crisis? I can't imagine.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends. It is a day to weep. My Mother passed away this morning and your post is the exact way I'm feeling. These times try us but also mold us to be better and more compassionate and also grateful for our happy days. I know they will come back, those happy days. I will send up a prayer for Dillon and hope he heals quickly. Take care Cheri and smile...someone will be lifted up when they see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yaya, I am so very sorry. I'm running over to your blog right now and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. SO sorry for your losses:( I do pray and will be praying for these families! Sending you a BIG HUG and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. Just so much sadness around our country (and the world) right now, so many people and situations needing our prayers. Thank you for yours:)

      Delete
  7. Cheri, I am praying for healing for Dillon and for you in your sorrow. Jesus reminds us that weeping comes and then joy comes in the morning. Sometimes morning seems far away, doesn't it. That is a nice story of your son and your friend's dream of him singing to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, thank you so much for dropping by. I've always loved that verse about joy cometh in the morning:) But yes, sometimes that joy does take awhile. Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes.

      Delete
  8. I'm so very sorry for your losses, Cheri. Of course you will cry and be very sad. One alone is a load; two is terribly difficult. Be gentle with yourself during this time. Allow yourself grief. And of course, prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie. Prayers are always welcomed and appreciated.

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!