Saturday, June 23, 2018

My Toes in the Water, My Feet in the Sand










My beach-loving husband and I just got back from a few days soaking up the Florida sun and relaxing to the sound of the ocean waves.  It was heaven!  (But hot as $#@%^!)

This was our view as we walked in the front door of the gorgeous condo that we rented…




And this is where we spent each morning with coffee in hand.



We have rented the same condo for many years, but this year it was unavailable when we scheduled our vacation.  I was worried that we wouldn’t find a place we liked as much, but this condo and location were absolutely fabulous.  We couldn’t have been more pleased.  (Well, we could have done without the 15 steep stairs we had to climb whenever we left or returned to the condo!)

Of course, we devoured great seafood each night, and I (as always) enjoyed my walks on the beach picking up shells.  Every year I say I won’t collect any more, but somehow I just can’t resist.  I have to bring home just a few.


Last summer granddaughter “M” and I placed quotes and scriptures inside individual shells and left them on doorsteps and in mailboxes of friends and neighbors.  Just a little “random act of kindness” to make someone smile.

My husband is my very best shopping partner (he is sooo patient), and we always stop at this charity-owned thrift store not far from the beach.  I bought this beautiful glass platter for $2.00!  I think that’s a bargain as the platter is very heavy glass with etched flowers.  I also got some craft supplies (including some scrapbook page protectors for 50 cents…they are $10.00 at Hobby Lobby!  Wish we had great thrift shops near me, but we don’t.)



It was a wonderful trip and I’m so thankful to have spent some special time with the very special man that I married.  We will be celebrating our 48th anniversary next week!  


Now we are home and “back to the real world”.  I think I may have to sleep with my sound machine tonight, turned to the waves rushing onto the shore!  And dream of next year when once again I’ll have…”my toes in the water, my feet in the sand.”


8 comments:

  1. We just got back from our family vacation to the beach, it is SO peaceful there:) I am happy that you got away and enjoyed your time at the beach! Have a blessed day dear Cheri, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only problem with going to the beach....coming home and wishing you were still there:) I love home, but the beach sure is nice to visit!!! Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  2. Oh, sounds like the perfect time away. You should come here for a visit, we have thrift stores on every corner and I take stuff almost weekly to them. We were in North Ga. week before last visiting family, Flowery Branch and Houschton area. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time at the beach sounds perfect. It is good to go but always good to get back home too. The platter is beautiful.....good find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of the ocean and the waves. Like you I had my feet in the water and sand back in April. I loved it. It is so relaxing and peaceful. Seems to wash the stress and stuff right out of your body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked - if you go back to my post - everyone is going to pop-up!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH - now we can comment to each other.

    Boy you are blessed to be able to be by the beach. I love the sound of waves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful vacation and I love your photos! My hubby isn't a fan of sun and sand and heat but he would go for me to enjoy! We haven't been there in a while and I would love to go back soon. Coming back is hard and going back to work makes it harder for me! I'm looking forward to retiring next year..hopefully! Take care and enjoy the rest of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just returned in June from our annual beach trip with whole family! So fun. And I get to go back in sept for annual girlfriend getaway....now THAT one is really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!