Saturday, June 16, 2018

When Is a Chair NOT a Chair?

One of my favorite types of blog posts is seeing how creative people take a piece of junk and turn it into something beautiful and/or useful.  That is definitely not my expertise because I don’t have the “eye” for it, but I sure do covet that talent. 

Awhile back I was wandering through a local antique/thrift shop and saw this “part” of a chair.  Why in the world I decided to buy it I don’t know, BUT I DID!  (It was only $5 so I figured “what do I have to lose?”)



Well…it’s been sitting around very neglected for awhile now and I really need to either do something with it or give it to someone who loves to repurpose.  I decided I’d ask Mr. Google to give me some ideas and here are some that struck my fancy.  What do you think?

I love the turquoise color of this chair-turned-coat rack, but it would match absolutely NOTHING in my home…and not sure where I could put it.  Not sure I like the legs...I'd probably leave those off.


And here is a similar PINK one. I like the position of the hooks on this one a lot better.


Now this is an idea Mr. Chatter might possibly go for…or NOT!  I have a terrible habit of throwing my shoes in a pile on the floor in our bedroom.  I have soooooooooo many pairs of shoes, and it’s a real headache to get down the shoeboxes & put the shoes back in, yadda, yadda, yadda!  Not sure this idea would be a whole lot better than my pile on the floor, but it did catch my attention!


This shelf idea I could go for…and Mr. Chatter could probably easily fix this right up for me.  It could hang on my porch OR in a bedroom.


This would be a super cool idea for a party.  I don’t know what that round part is though and it might be hard to find, but could probably be adapted.


I love this idea if you have a similar chair…which I just happen to have. 

Here is my chair which gets repotted each spring with something different.


Of course, you’ve probably seen lots of planters similar to this one, but aren’t those colors with the green chair just delicious?


I really love this chalkboard but I would leave off the legs on the sides.  They don’t seem to serve any purpose and just take away from the cuteness…in my opinion.


And then finally, this is a really neat idea that I would definitely copy if I come across such a lovely and ornate piece.


I didn’t think to take notes of where I found each picture, so I hope I don’t get in trouble with anyone for sharing their ideas.  There sure are a LOT of creative people out there, and I am truly THANKFUL for them and for their thoughtfulness in sharing with others. 

So…which idea is your favorite?  Or do you have other ideas for my sweet chair back?



13 comments:

  1. I like your carved chair back.. I think a shelf is a neat idea. I don't think anyone would care if you used their photo as a good idea.. nice to meet you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a comment:) Have a great week

      Delete
  2. Cheri, this is a fun collection you've come up with. I always really like the chairs made into shelves. Things like that add character. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by to chat, Stacey:) I am leaning toward the shelf idea as well.

      Delete
  3. I love the flowers in the seat:) I have seen that done a good bit! Enjoy your day dear Cheri! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Theresa. Hope you had loads of fun at the beach. We're off on Wed. for a few days. Hope the weather holds up!!!

      Delete
  4. I love your chair back and all of the great ideas you shared! I am anxious to see what you decide to create with it. I am following you now, so I don't miss a thing.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thanks SO much for stopping by for a chat...and for following:) Hope you will come back often. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. What wonderful ideas for that old chair back. I would probably use it as a planter or a bird bath. I came here by accident, and I'm glad I did. I loved the post about corn growing and I just had to send the link to my daughter. She puts up a lot of veggies too. I am also sharing the info about the gnat repeller to my friend in Texas. They have tons of gnats. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, Edna, I replied to your comment but it didn't show up so I'm trying again! Thank you so much for dropping by to chat. And thanks for sharing my posts with your daughter and friend. I hate GNATS!!!!! Please drop by again any time.

      Delete
  6. I'm going to put your blog back on my list ASAP! I thought I already had! Anyway, what a fun post. I love those chair ideas. My fav? Your wire chair planter, the pink one with the hooks and I love the green one. I don't have the talent for doing those creative things but I sure have the talent for appreciating other folks who do! And also copying their ideas from time to time! Have a good day and Happy First Day of Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yaya! So glad to hear from you. I'm not great at coming up with my own ideas so I love to "borrow" creative ideas from all those who don't mind sharing:) Hope you come for another chat soon.

      Delete
  7. Love all the ideas you showed. I am one of those folks that takes something and gives it another purpose or upcycle it. I actually have the back of a chair hanging in the kitchen with towels on it but now I am thinking that I might add hooks and use somewhere else. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!