Sunday, April 1, 2018

It Was a Very HAPPY EASTER!



 


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.  We had an absolutely beautiful day here in the South….just the perfect temperature with a beautiful blue sky overhead.  I spent most of Saturday cooking for my sweet family, then put on the finishing touches before heading off to church this morning.  As usual, our pastor had a wonderful sermon and the music was lovely and inspiring.

 
After church we came home for our Easter spread; the menu included:
 *Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
*Sweet Potato Casserole with Crunchy Topping (my mother’s recipe)
*Pink Eye Peas
*Deviled Eggs
*Pineapple Cheddar Salad
*tea & rolls
*and for dessert LEMON CHEESE CAKE (my husband’s and granddaughter’s favorites)…but I have to admit I bought it our our local bakery!

Of course, we had to make family pictures….
My son, daughter-in-law, & the two kiddos that make all our worlds go round


                                                     

    My other half and me with our two wonderful grands


 and we watched the two grands dig into their Easter gifts from Cheri & Papa. 




And for a special surprise I planned a special kind of egg hunt for the kids!  This was the first year my granddaughter was not able to hunt eggs at our church’s annual hunt.  She is no longer in the children’s dept. but moved up to Youth, so she helped hide the eggs instead of hunt for them.  That made me a little sad knowing that now both my grandchildren are growing up way too fast.  I figured my 15-year old grandson would balk at hunting for Easter eggs, but I outsmarted him😊  Inside each egg was a slip of paper with an amount of money on it.  At the end of the hunt, they were to add up their findings and I would give them their share of the money!  And….there were two golden eggs (one for each) with a larger amount.  Let me tell you….MONEY TALKS!  My grandson (who can be very competitive, especially with his sister) was hunting eggs like there was no tomorrow!!!!  And (almost unbelievably) they ended up with almost the exact same amount of money….it sure is nice when things work out that way!



After a huge meal, Easter surprises, and the egg hunt I treated myself…..to an afternoon nap😊 


Hope your Easter was as lovely and special as mine was!

3 comments:

  1. Money would make me hunt eggs too:) Great idea! Sweet pictures of your family:) My Easter was pretty low-key! We had a big wedding for my Great-Nephew on Saturday and we were all pooped out! I went to Church and saw lots of Family there, stopped for chicken on the way home and sat out by the pool in the sunshine:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day to me, Theresa:) After all the cooking I did for two days I was pooped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri, a pleasure to meet you. your blog is cute. Looks like a wonderful Easter. Easter egg hunts are so fun. A nap is a good thing. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!