Sunday, April 22, 2018

As "MY" WORLD TURNS




This post will probably not interest anyone (other than maybe family or a close friend)….so be forewarned!  When I started back writing my blog, I decided I wanted to use it at least partly as a journal so that one day my grandkids, as well as myself, could look back and see the memories we have made.  Therefore, this post will catch up my “journal” with some things that have been going on in our lives here in our neck of the woods.

*Mr. Chatter (my traveling-salesman husband) RETIRED at the end of 2017.  I was somewhat concerned about how I would adjust to his being home every night; after all, there were only a few nights per month when I didn’t have to cook and when I got to have control of the remote!  But we have adjusted!            


*Back in January we actually had a little tiny bit of SNOW!  That is a rare occurrence in our part of the country.


*Also in January we had a nice weekend visit with our niece, her husband, and little baby.  He is absolutely the happiest baby I’ve ever seen…smiles all the time!


*In Feb. Granddaughter M’s class did a WAX MUSEUM  presentation.  She was COCO CHANEL!  I helped her with part of her costume & she did a fabulous job.  This was right up her creative alley!😊
*Grandson R was on the middle school soccer team.
*In March we attended our annual WILD CHICKEN FESTIVAL.  It brings many people to our little town, and this year the weather for it was perfect.  Granddaughter M always likes to do this activity…she loves to tumble!



*Also that same week we attended an Aaron Tippin concert; we weren’t impressed.  I like some of his music but he talked more than he sang!  I didn’t spend that much money on a ticket for a music concert to hear someone talk!


*Granddaughter M had cheerleader tryouts and made it once again for both the football team and for competitive cheer.  I prayed all week!


*But the most important thing in March was that we celebrated Grandson R’s 15th birthday!  It seems almost impossible that the past 15 years have gone by this quickly! 


 Of course, he got his Learner's License and is enjoying “Driving Miss Cheri” every chance I give him!




*The month of March brought a LOT of wind….it came in like a lion and went out like a….lion!!!  What happened to that lamb???  We have continued to have lots of wind in April as well but it hasn’t kept us from working in the yards and doing our yearly spring planting.  Neither of us are great at gardening but we sure work at it hard!



*During Spring Holidays we took the kids to 
WILD ADVENTURES
amusement park.  Sure glad I wore comfortable shoes that day!


So that’s what’s been going on in your little part of the world.  Time spent with family making memories is the best part of life!

2 comments:

  1. SO nice to have this as a journal. My family reads daily:) I have been keeping my blog journal almost daily since 2009. It is great to look back and read what happened, big or little:) Keep writing dear friend, keep writing! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa, thank you so much for the encouragement. I need it:)

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!