Friday, March 30, 2018

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!



                                                           


Although it doesn’t feel like it today here in my neck of the woods (the deep South), spring has sprung!  This has been a really crazy March….cold one day, very warm the next.  And the wind…oh my!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen as much wind as we’ve seen this year.  I’ve picked up tons of sticks & pinecones that continually fall in our yard.

But now it’s time for my spring planting😊  Every year I say I’m not going to plant as many flowers as last year, but somehow I don’t hold myself to that!  Our yard is really not very good for growing flowers and many plants, so I tend to go with container gardening.  I haven’t decided what I’m going to plant yet, but my sweet “gardener” husband and I worked like Trojans in our yard this weekend….weeding, trimming, & completely doing away with a huge gardenia bush that had seen its prime. I’m a person who likes lots of “nooks & crannies” in a yard and so we are trying to come up with some new ideas this year.  I’ve been looking on Pinterest and other sites and thought I’d share some of my favorite finds so far. 

One thing I definitely want this year is a GARDEN SIGN for my little memory garden.  I'd love to take a walk in this person's Crooked Fence Garden.

                                                                  



                                                           

I love a “meandering” (don’t you just love that word!) path.  We have a small one in one area but we are working on another little “nook & cranny” and I definitely want a stone path of some sort.
                                                              
         http://blog.styleestate.com/style-estate-blog/2017/4/1/56-enchanting-garden-paths 



I just love incorporating “the unexpected” into a garden or yard.  This chair is so quaint and inviting.  I have my own version that I will be replanting soon...I'll post a picture later.
                                                           

                                   Photograph by Barbara Vengalli


Not every garden would have a purple bench!  I love this one, although I’d more than likely go with white.

                                                                 
                                                   link not available

And look at this old wicker chair!  Most people would just have thrown it out, but look what a beauty a few flowers turned it into.

                                                               




I would love to have some sort of garden gate but just not sure where we would put one in our yard.  This door is an unusual and fun alternative.

                                                             

                        https://www.thegardenglove.com/diy-up-cycled-garden-gates/   

I love the idea of small painted stones for the garden.  These herb markers could be placed among plants in an herb garden, but you could also use words like LOVE, JOY, PEACE, etc.  That might be a great project for my creative granddaughter who loves to paint.

                                                                  

                      http://augustwren.blogspot.com.au/2011/07/herb-markers.html  


Since writing this post I have visited a local nursery and also made some progress with my spring yard work.  I’ll be back in a couple of days or so to show you the results.  What will you plant in your garden this year?




4 comments:

  1. Hi Cheri, Picked your blog up at Nana Diana's. I love all the garden ideas. The old screen door to a garden patch is adorable. I read that you are a retired teacher. My daughter is teaching 5th grade. :) We love our teachers. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am ready to do some planting too😊 I love unique garden art and have several that I love in my yard. Enjoy your evening dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- Those are all such great Soring pictures, Cheri!!! I could copy any one of those ideas and love them.

    I hope you have a blessed, wonderful Easter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie, Thanks for loving us teachers! We need all the support we can get these days! And thank you for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!