Monday, April 9, 2018

Children...MARVELS!


I was an early childhood teacher for over 30 years.  Teaching and education have long been my passions, and I miss it even after almost 13 years of retiring from it.  I sometimes wish I hadn’t retired, but I’m not sure I could teach in this day and time.  So many standards, so much testing, so much cramming it down the kids’ throats in order to be ready for the Test…and less arts, music, and time on the playground…that’s just not my style.  I always tried my best to teach the WHOLE CHILD…not just the text books.  Things have just changed so much, and when I think about it my heart really does ache.

I was recently looking through some of the things I have kept all these years and came across what I want to share today.  I hope it’s OK for me to reprint it here.  The words are not my own; they were penned by Pablo Casals, a cellist, composer, and conductor from Spain.  I know nothing more about him, but he sure knew what he was talking about when he wrote this.  These words are for all the teachers, parents, grandparents, guardians, and caregivers of children of all ages out there.  Certainly words to ponder over:

Each second we live is a new and unique moment that never was before and never will be again.  And what do we teach our children?  We teach them that 2 plus 2 makes 4 and Paris is the capital of France.


When will we also teach them what they are?  We should say to each of them:  Do you know what you are?  You are a marvel.  You are unique.  In all the world there is no other child exactly like you.  In the millions of years that have passed there has never been a child like you.

www.theweddingcommunityblog.com

Look at your body---what a wonder it is!  Your legs and arms, your cunning fingers, the way you move.  You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven.  You have the capacity for anything.  Yes, you are a marvel.

And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is like you, a marvel?  You must cherish one another.  You must work---we must work---to make this world worthy of its children.

www.pinterest.com
I have always believed that each and every child is unique…a marvel.  We need to help our children to see themselves this way, and then we need to teach them to see it in others.  When they learn these things, the world will become a much better place.

                                                  http://www.dayclickerphototours.com/blog/


May God bless all His/our beautiful children…and may we teach them right.


*The pictures are from various sources I found on the internet and pinned to my Pinterest board:  ALL GOD’S BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN.


1 comment:

  1. Oh so beautiful! It should be taught TODAY! Each child IS a MARVEL:) Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing this! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!