Sunday, May 10, 2020

ONCE UPON A QUARANTINE


Do you think that’s what some author will use to begin her next fairy tale???  And then write a story about all the things that go on during a quarantine???  Sadly, if I wrote such a tale, it would be VERY BORING!!! 

I have tried to stay busy during this time because for me….bored is not an option…bored is the enemy…bored drives me C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!

So…what have I been doing to keep the guys with the straight jackets at bay?  





Catching Up on GENEALOGY Files
I figure if I can find a skeleton or two in the closet, I could always blackmail some unsuspecting family member…or at least have a little fun with them.  I can be MEAN funny that way😊


EATING…AND EATING…AND EATING
You’ve heard of the Freshman 15, right?  Well, I think I’m into the Quarantine 5 (10? 15?)  That’s what happens when you mindlessly eat because you can't think of anything else to do at the moment and your husband-who-wants- to-always-have-sweets-around-and-never-seems-to-gain-a-pound insists on going to the grocery store (with mask in place) and buying chocolate and ice cream!!!  When ice cream enters the door, will power goes out the window!

That's EXACTLY what I'm telling you!
(I may be the next patient on his show!)

DAILY WALKS
So I walk and hope those pounds brought on by the ice cream and other goodies that just seem to find their way into my mouth miraculously drop off as I go (a girl can dream!)


Working 1000-Piece JIGSAW PUZZLES
And getting absolutely nothing else done because I can’t just leave all those little pieces laying there just daring you to find out where they go!!!!  At least my granddaughter helped😊


Yardwork
That’s one positive from all this mess…our yard has never looked better.  But if this isolation keeps going much longer my husband who is a yard work junkie isn’t going to have any limbs or shrubs left to cut!

 Watching ‘TOO MUCH’ MURDER AND MAYHEM on TV
This is thanks to the man I live with!!!  We have watched DATELINE, SNAPPED, FORENSIC FILES, KILLER COUPLES…I never realized how much killing was going on in this world!!!  I’m beginning to wonder if my “better half” is taking notes on how to get rid of me and not get caught!!!!   (Hmmm….should I worry???)


READING  ORGANIZING  CLEANING  DECLUTTERING  ETC., ETC., ETC.


What  would  I  prefer  doing?

SHOPPING               GOING OUT TO EAT
VISITING FRIENDS   ATTENDING CHURCH
WATCHING A MOVIE (in the theater)
GETTING A MANI/PEDI
(I did get haircut and color this past week…I caved!!!  
It was that or shave my head!)
GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE 
W-I-T-H-O-U-T  LOOKING LIKE A MASKED BANDIT

AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT I WANT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!


Our state of GA is slowly opening back up but with many restrictions.  My church won’t begin again until at least June and then I’m told it will be very different…I guess different is better than not attending at all.  I’ve come to the point I don’t know who or what to believe, but I’m still for the most part sheltering in place. I do worry about what I will do when I can’t think of anything else to do!!!!!!  I mean you can only battle with so many dust bunnies and you can only arrange your closet (by item, by color, maybe even with different colored hangers…don’t judge me!) just so many times.  My sister is a nurse in a large hospital psych ward.  I think I may need to tell her to expect me sooner than later!



WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO KEEP THE BOREDOM AT BAY?

PS:  Happy Mother’s Day to all those mothers out there, including those of you who have fur babies. 





9 comments:

  1. Love this post! You nailed it with all the crazy things we have been doing to keep boredom at bay. I also have been working on genealogy...even sent off my dna sample (someone had gifted me with the kit years ago and it was just sitting there waiting). So I am anxiously waiting the results to find out what kinds of people were in my past. I love all your characterizations...you illustrated this perfectly! Our church also will not open until mid June, and then, like yours, probably very differently. I'm not sure I can adapt to that but I guess I will have to. I miss our church just the way it was. I guess we all have to adjust and learn new paradigms in this age of change. Have a blessed and wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too, a day late:) ALL of what you said is ME! I am eating too much, tired of doing all the things I am doing and missing NORMAL life. I watch my Church service on-line even though they are actually having services with social distancing. It just isn't safe for me at my age. Enjoy your day dear friend, we are ALL going to make it thru this. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep reminding me that we'll get through this!!!:)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're doing a good job of keeping busy.
    I'm pretty much a home body anyway so it hasn't been too bad! But I am ready to go back to church and out to eat once in a while. I don't think I've ever gone this long with eating every meal at home!!!
    Happy Mother's Day to you too though its a day late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happyone, I too am about tired of my own cooking!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you and I'm in that weird group that hasn't had time to be bored because I've been working. So my yard will be the worst on the block! Thankfully I live in the country behind all our pine trees and don't have many visitors because of the virus! So stay safe and enjoy those puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in town but I often wish for the solitude of the country.

      Delete
  5. Cheri, every time I read one of your posts, I find myself nodding along and saying yup, me too, yup, me too!! I've been busy around here with all the same things you've been doing, but would much rather be doing the things on your "other" list, as well. Nothing in our state is reopened and at least in my area it's going to be a long, long time before it does...so...I cut my hair this weekend. I watched youtube for a while, picked up my hair scissors, gave it a whirl. Not bad...now if I could just get rid of my roots as easily!! Ha!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, wish you lived close by so we could really "chat"!! For your roots you might want to try that Root Spray by L'oreal. It works decently well but I did order the wrong color...medium brown and I should have gotten light brown. I used it anyway!!! Spray on small areas of roots and just rubbed in. I ordered it from Amazon. You are one brave soul to cut your own hair!!!!

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!