Monday, July 5, 2010

THIS AND THAT...and not much more

I haven't written for the last several days partly because I've been busy and partly because I didn't have anything interesting to write about.  So here's just a little of this and that...

                        That new camera...
I'm feeling less intimidated by my new toy.  Our sweet niece Ashlee checked it out for me and it turns out I haven't broken it after all!  She also shared some other tips and some great websites where I can get lots of help and information. Plus she turned me onto Picasa which I'm going to try and work with.  Oh...and she and farmer hubby Brad gave us a watermelon to bring home too!  Thanks, Ashlee, for all your help.  (BTW...she has her own blog where she posts MANY pictures of their adorable "miracle-baby" daughter plus funny stories about her chickens.  I know she'd love for you to visit:

        Yard Sale.....

 
My wonderful neighbor and friend had a huge Yard Sale this past weekend and my sweet hubby and I helped her out.  She did really well but it has been a big undertaking for her.  She is going to be downsizing soon and it's certainly an emotional as well as physical task to go through everything in your house.  The sale was fun for me though as I love to organize things and we had it looking like a department store!  I'm glad she did so well. 

Our weekend.....

We had a quiet 4th of July staying at home. Now it's time to get back on schedule.  Will be keeping the grandkids all this week so afterwards I'll probably need a vacation or at least a weekend with my feet up.  As I've said before...life in a small rural town is a slow pace especially in the hot summertime!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!