Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm a BON on WOW

No, I'm not speaking in tongues or in a foreign language, but I am excited!  For today I am a BON (Blogger of Note) on the blog WOW (Words of Wisdom). 
In case you are not familiar with this wonderful blog, it's like no other I have ever read...be sure to visit.  Two great gals, Sandy & Pam, showcase other bloggers whose blogs, they say, have "great content".  And what is "great content"?     "Great content," they say, "is blog posts that are thought-provoking and/or insightful."  Now if you've been following my blog you are probably asking yourself, "Thought-provoking?  Insightful?  Cheri's Chatter?"  I agree....most of my posts aren't too thought-provoking; rather they are just some of my thoughts and sharings about family, myself, and small town life.  But I am grateful to Sandy & Pam for choosing me because I'm hoping it might bring some new blogger friends my way.        

My blog is relatively new and the more blogs I read, the more I realize I have a lot to learn about this new world I've entered...the world of blogging.  I don't really think I've found my "blogger legs" yet but I hope those of you reading this will be patient with me until I find my way.  As my profile states, I live in a small rural area where life is very slow and not much happens (see my entry on Mole Crickets below).  I am a retired primary school teacher who is still trying to come to terms with retirement and the void it has brought into my life.  I'm also a grandmother who spends lots of time with the grandkids and hopefully help to teach them life lessons that will lead them to grow into kind, loving, and compassionate people.  I feel blessed with all I've been given, yet I like to believe that there are still great blessings to come. 


I began this blog because I love learning and trying new things.  I may be an "old dog" (at 60 yrs. of age) but I can still learn "new tricks."  I hope that you will feel free to browse my little part of the internet.  You can look on the right sidebar and see my posts.  Some you might like are the ones on ATTITUDE and  PRACTICAL WAYS TO CELEBRATE LIFE.  Of course, the posts about the grandson and granddaughter are delightful, but we grandmas can tend to overdo it at times when it comes to talking about our grandkids.  If you choose to do so, I will be thrilled to have you come back and visit, but if not I really appreciate your checking me out.  And thanks to WORDS OF WISDOM (Sandy & Pam) for welcoming me to the blogging world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!