Friday, July 17, 2020

WHAT'S UP???




My answer…not much!!!  Isolation is still keeping us somewhat “isolated”…although we are going out more than before WITH MASKS.  I am so totally confused as to whether I should wear one or not, but we have opted to do so with the attitude “better safe than sorry”.  Everything is soooo POLITICAL these days…I don’t know WHO or WHAT to believe. 

Of course I had to have a CHERRY mask!


So…what has been going on in my neck of the woods???  Nothing really interesting but I needed to post about something, so here goes.

We went to the beach AMELIA ISLAND/FERNANDINA BEACH, FLORIDA for a few days.  We social distanced on the beach which was actually no problem since there really weren’t that many people around us.  When we went out to eat, we mostly ate outside and the waiters/waitresses wore masks.  We did a little bit of shopping and every store had a MASK REQUIRED sign, so we complied.  We mostly sat on the balcony and just enjoyed relaxing with the sounds of the waves.  I didn’t realize just how much I needed that!!!  I do love the sound of the ocean!!!



I finally got around to asking my wonderful husband to complete this project for me.  Isn’t it great???  I had bought the old frame awhile back at a thrift store and got the idea from PINTEREST…of course!!!


I had a birthday earlier this month.  Am I really 71????  I think my birth certificate is surely wrong!  As my (92) year old mother said when she turned 80:  “My body tells me I’m this age, but my brain tells me I’m a lot younger😊  I am blessed, however, that for now my body is in relatively good health and for that I’m so grateful.  Guess years of walking have probably helped!


We went to our local fireworks show on the 4th.  It was really a very good display this year.  We sat in the back of hubby’s pickup in the middle of a pasture to watch.  Yep…it’s small town redneck life but I wouldn’t want it any different.  The big city is NOT for us!!!




And, as usual, I’ve been involved in taxi service carting my granddaughter to cheer practice or wherever else she needs to go.  I also oversaw her summer school work as she took an honors course online.  That girl sure keeps me busy…and I love every minute😊
That’s my girl on top…she’s a FLIER.

We also started back to church.  THANK YOU, JESUS.  We are meeting outside on our breezeway.  Some of us drive up and sit in our golf carts for the 9:00 service with a later service on the radio.  Our pastor says he’s so thrilled to have an actual congregation to preach to even though we are small in number.  But it feels so good to see some of my church family.  A small group of us ladies are meeting on Sundays this month for special prayer time for our country.  I feel so helpless as what to do these days, but I can at least pray…I’ve been knocking on God’s door a whole big bunch lately!!!


Well, if you got this far I guess I didn’t bore you so much you fell asleep.  Hopefully, life will one day (sooner than later) get back to some semblance of normality and there will be more exciting things to write about.  WHAT HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN UP TO?  If you’ve done any good projects, let me know because I am projected-out and I need a new one!  Stay safe, everyone!
“Isn’t ‘not to be bored’ one of the principal goals of life?”

― Gustave Flaubert



14 comments:

  1. You had a nice getaway near the ocean, and how fabulous to see the fireworks from a pasture. Your granddaughter must be brave to be a flyer. Yes, I am knocking on God's door a lot these days, for people and for our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, thanks so much for dropping by to chat:) Hopefully a whole big bunch of folks are knocking on God's door these days! Our country needs all the prayers it can get!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you're doing great keeping busy in these weird times. We watched fireworks from a parking lot when our son and his family came to visit from Oregon. Small towns are good! Our church has just started back with limited amount allowed at the service. We were pretty busy the last few weeks with family and gathering in Chicago for my mom's memorial service. Now I'm gearing up to start retirement August 1...then we'll see how things go! Happy belated birthday 🎂! You look 21! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaya, girl, I think you need glasses but I will take that compliment anyway:) It took me awhile to adjust to retirement. In fact, some days I would drive down the street needing to turn right and I'd find myself turning left to to school!!!! Then I got a part time gig which I loved for awhile. I miss my teaching but retirement is also great...so nice not having to answer to an alarm clock every morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely vacation! It's wonderful that you were able to get away. We're wearing masks too. In NY it's a mandate now, although we haven't left. We've been doing delivery for EVERYTHING and I really miss the stores. Glad you're back at church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are isolated but wearing masks, too. I am glad you got away. I miss the ocean! It is where my heart feels at ease.

    Love your 'flyer' on top o the heap there and so glad you are able to go back to church, Cheri.

    Have a wonderful week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is hard to know what to do! BUT... I wear a mask, don't get in crowds and only shop when I need food. We were just at the beach too and social distanced on the beach and stayed in the house with just family. It was nice to sit and hear the waves crashing against the shore:) Enjoy your day dear friend and HAPPY 71st B'day to you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Theresa. I'm thankful for every year:)

      Delete
  7. Glad you had some fun and enjoyed summer. Yes, you need a cherry mask.:):) So cute. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered my mask from a gal on Etsy. I love to support people who work for themselves.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to delete that one in order to correct a typo ... haaahaha I can't stand typos. xoxo

      Delete
  9. Hi Cheri, I'm like you when it comes to the sound of the ocean. It's magical. Our family beach trip is planned for the end of September; we've rented a big house and there will be eight of us. Since we can't go to Chicago this year to see the Cubs play, this gives me something to look forward to. I've yet to wear a mask and have no plans to. We are being manipulated and some are willingly deceived. My feeling is what it's always been: Anyone who needs to wear a mask -- for whatever reason -- should do so. They should wear three masks at once; it's their business. But no one has the right to tell me to cover two-thirds of my face with a piece of cloth. That's going too far. We have figured out which stores and restaurants in our area look the other way at non-maskers like us, and that's where we shop and eat -- although at least 95% of the time, we eat at home where the cooking is fresher and healthier. We went back to church the Sunday after Mother's Day but it's still weird. Enough said on the subject. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!