Sunday, April 12, 2020

CORONA QUESTIONS & MUSINGS


I was browsing around looking for some new blogs to read and I came across one that evidently just asks questions!  Not sure I quite understood but it did give me the idea for this post. (Hope the writer doesn't mind me "borrowing" these questions.) My blog is partly a personal journal and a place for me to preserve some of my thoughts and feelings.  During this TERRIBLE time I think it might do us all good to do some reflecting.  Through reflection we can learn and grow; through reflection we can gain insight into our souls and discover thoughts and feelings we never realized we had.

1 – What is something you are doing due to the pandemic that you normally don’t do? After the pandemic will you continue to do this?

I really can’t think of anything that I’m doing that I don’t normally do.  I have about exhausted any projects I can do right now.  I’ve cleaned, organized, and done yard work until there’s no more to do!!!  I have been reading more and doing lots of crossword puzzles, but I’m about tired of those.  I WANT TO GO OUT AND SEE THE WORLD!!!!


2 - What made you happy, sad, or frustrated today? List, all big and/or small, as there may be some of one or all of these feelings!

Since I’m writing this on Easter Sunday, something that made me VERY SAD is that I didn’t get to attend church  Talked to my 91 yr. old mother today and she and I agreed that we didn’t think in our entire lives we had ever missed church on Easter.

Something that made me happy was that my son, DIL, and two grands came for Easter lunch.  I know we probably should be social distancing from each other and we mostly are, but it’s a decision we’ve made and hopefully we won’t regret it.  As usual, I hid eggs for the GRANDS to find…now that they are older (17 & 13) the eggs are filled with $$$$ instead of candy.  Even the 17 yr. old loves it😊 
I have really felt sadder and more frustrated today than I have so far.  Hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

3- What is one of the first things you will do when the pandemic is over?
GET MY HAIR CUT AND COLORED!!!!!  Finally did order some “Root Spray” but it doesn’t get all those little grays!!!


4 – Are you an essential employee or do you know someone who is? Is this affecting you in some way? 

No, I’m retired and so is hubby.  However, my sister is a nurse in a relatively large hospital.  Please send up a prayer for her…her name is Wanda.  My son is in banking and DIL works at City Hall so they are working but social distancing as much as possible.  I worry about all of them.


5 – What are you doing to destress during this stressful time?

Evidently not enough!!!!    

I guess the one thing I am doing is PRAYING…a lot!!!


6 – Have you tried any new recipes during this time? Please share your recipe if you want to.

I’ve been meaning to do this but haven’t yet.  It will mean more grocery shopping and I’m trying to do that as little as possible.  We are eating out of the freezer and pantry.  Unfortunately, I am eating TOO MUCH.  When I get bored, I eat...and eat...and eat!


7- Where is the last place you visited on-line?

FACEBOOK.  At least it helps me stay connected to the outside world!!!


9- What is one thing you wish you had bought before the quarantine?

I wish so much I had a big jigsaw puzzle.  Sure would help with the boredom and monotony.    (Oh, and....chocolate...lots of chocolate!)



10- What fear/fears do you have for once the whole virus situation is over?

I try not to think about this too much, but of course I am concerned for our economy.  I pray for those who are being affected financially.  I also am concerned for our school children.  Even though studies continue at home, it’s not the same as being with their teachers.  A lot will be lost that I’m not sure all the children can regain.  As a retired teacher, I know that there are children at home who have no one to really help or encourage them. I am reading a lot about how there will be many with mental/emotional problems as a result of all the isolation.  But I know God is in control, and I can take all my fears to Him.


11-What are some positive things you hope will come out of all this?

My hope and my prayer is that we will become a kinder and gentler world.  I hope that we will all realize just how much we have to be grateful for and that we lift our hearts in praise to God for all He has given us.  I would love for our government officials to find a way to work together instead of always seeming to fight and work against each other.  I pray that those who have never accepted Christ as their Savior will realize that He is real and that He wants to be a part of their lives.  I hope that our economy will once again strengthen and that we will learn not to have to depend on other countries for our drugs and other necessities.  I hope that we can all learn valuable lessons and go forward doing our BEST to make the world a better place.  I have HOPE.


If you have the time, I would love for you to choose at least one question and share your answer.  I NEED SOMETHING NEW TO READ!!!

Love & Hugs!


16 comments:

  1. Great post. First, first thing will be to take a walk and go inside my favorite local coffee shop and have an iced coffee. Then I think a haircut, too. I will really need a haircut. I'm in New York and I'm a senior, so I'm really not sure when things will come close to what was before all this. I want to visit close friends in Connecticut, eat dinner with those near and dear to me and go to services not via Zoom, though I'm grateful for Zoom. I'm worried about the economy and how New York will hold up. I'm keeping busy and I understand why I'm staying inside, but this is hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buttercup, I am with you on each and every one of these!!!! I very much miss going out to eat every Friday night. Being in NY must be extra scary. My heart has just been so broken for all of you there. Of course, my state of GA has some hot spots too. I live in a small town so for now we have only a few cases and I pray every single day it stays that way!

      Delete
  2. Great post.....I am going to borrow this later in the week..thanks for the thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be lost if I couldn't "borrow" ideas from some of my favorite bloggers from time to time:) Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
    2. haha...I get ideas that way too.

      Delete
  3. Great post! I choose #11 I pray that some of the positive things that come out of this, that we will be thankful for NORMAL life again. That we will be thankful for being able to get out of the house and see people. That we will appreciate a good tight HUG and sitting across the table with family. I look forward to these things! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo looking forward to everything you mentioned. I pray it's sooner than later, but I'm not holding my breath!!!

      Delete
  4. Your answers are so illuminating. Here are mine:
    Right now I am washing down/sterilizing everything! And after, I will continue, maybe not quite so aggressively! 2) Happy - my overdue grocery delivery came. Sad - I learned someone I know is frontline medical staff, which is scary. 3) First thing: Hair, massage or hugs. 4) Yes, I know someone who is emergency hospital response (and if you count grocery workers, several)5) Destress? Watch Brit tv mysteries! 6) New recipes - yes. Scones. 7) Last spot? My email 8) I have what I need. 9) Fears for after - that this will return too soon. 10) Good things -- wonderful communications with others, all the helpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing. I enjoyed reading your answers!!!

      Delete
  5. I love this post!! It wasn't a fun topic of course, but it was fun to read something different, as you said. Let's see, the first thing I would do is what you're doing...hair cut and colored. I was badly in need of an appointment when this happened and now it's out of control! We played this game last night after Easter dinner, while we had a delicious meal and a homemade cheesecake with blueberry compote topping, we were all discussing what the first thing we would get if we could go to eat out. The answers were very interesting and quite diverse and no one could pick just one...so it looks like the endless eating won't stop when they let us out. Oh boy...maybe I should add shopping for new pants after I get my hair colored! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing. I finally ordered some root spray so "some of the grays" are covered up but my hair hasn't been this long in probably 30 years or more!!!!! And I will definitely have to hit the gym BIG TIME!!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Just curious if you sent an email about purses? I am always cautious with emails:). Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't take time to answer all these however I'm staying busy in my house and I have a big back yard with old flower bed I am cleaning up or I was till our temperatures dropped down to 30 degrees in last few days,burr.
    I don't know that there will be a first thing I will do when this is over? will it be over this year?? I cut my own hair lately and don't color ir so i'm good there.
    I do miss my tea party friends and going to mass daily.
    I have prayed the rosary a lot more and the divine mercy prayer.
    I am enjoying reading blogs for sure
    Keep busy Oh and yes baking way to much lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy:) I started a new project today...reorganizing LOTS of photos. Projects are the only thing keeping me semi-sane!!!! Thanks so much for dropping by.

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!