Friday, April 10, 2020

CORONA EASTER


Once again I am behind in writing my blog and in reading others.  You would think will all this isolation I would have been an avid blogger!!!! My only excuse is that my brain has either been pre-occupied with trying to stay sane or I just haven’t had anything to write about!  I still don’t have anything glorious, funny, or possibly even interesting to entertain you with, but here’s what I got….

HAPPY CORONA EASTER!  




And what a strange Easter it will be.  In fact I think this will be the first Easter in my entire life that I won’t be in church on Easter Sunday….and that makes me very sad.  (We will be listening to my fabulous preacher on the radio though.)  And I will be having my son, DIL, grandson and granddaughter for Easter dinner.  We are not sheltering from each other totally, although we are all sheltering as much as possible in our own homes…or wearing masks for work, etc.

The menu will consist of:  Chicken Pie, Sweet Potato Casserole, Peas, Deviled Eggs, Chicken Fingers for the kids, and Strawberry Shortcake with homemade Pound Cake.  It will be such a blessing (even more so this year) to sit around the table, hold hands, and hear my husband say grace.  My husband and I always hold hands when we bless our food, but it’s so much extra special when the whole family is involved.



My 13 (almost 14) yr. old granddaughter has once again requested an Egg Hunt, but instead of candy there will be $$$$$.  Even her 16 yr. old brother will get into that!!!!               By the way, this is what he's getting in his Easter basket...he loves craves these things!!!



I always looked forward to Easter Sunday when I was growing up.  Not only did I get a basketful of treats, but I also got a brand new dress for church and most of the time a new hat to match😊  My Mama made every Easter dress I ever wore….even into high school.  And we always wore white gloves and as a little girl I wore those little white socks with lace around them and either new black or white patent leather shoes.  I felt sooooo pretty😊




This Easter my church will be empty without my church family,but I recently saw something that said it’s OK because the tomb was empty too.  I am so blessed that my mother took me to church from the time I was an infant (yet my father never darkened the door of the church that I ever knew of), and when I was 9 years old I boldly walked to the front of my little church and told my preacher I wanted to accept Christ as my Savior.  I was able to do that because Christ was willing to die for me and for my sins and then rise from the dead, leaving the empty tomb behind. 



One of my hopes is that some good things will come out of this virus pandemic situation…and I do believe there will be some good.  But the best possible thing that could come out of it is that more people will come to realize that GOD IS REAL and that He wants to be their Savior.  My Sunday School class has been praying for a friend of a friend who has been an atheist.  However, he is now asking for prayer due to having the corona virus.  Praise God! 

I hope all of you reading this are well and that you are 

wearing your masks




washing your hands...



using your hand sanitizer...


sheltering in place as much as possible...

and using supplies wisely…teehee!


 Let’s kick this virus’ butt right out the door!  I’m ready to get back to NORMAL…well, that is if I ever was normal…LOL!!!

                            I  sure  miss  hugging!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Yep...not only EASTER will be strange this yr. Everything we do from here till fall probably will be strange. I don't know what to think of all this...crazy. I feel for the seniors that will not be walking or doing the prom, something they all have worked for all these yrs. Talk about strange. Course its all strange, work, shopping, connecting...its all crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy is probably one of the best words to describe it, Pam! I just hope I've still got some sanity left when it's all over:)

      Delete
  2. Easter will be a strange one for sure. Hope yours is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just knowing that at least for now my family and I are well and safe is the best blessing I can think of:) May you and your family be safe too.

      Delete
  3. Yes, my first Easter to EVER not be in church and that is so strange but so thankful for our church's online service. We had Easter with our kiddos yesterday and we, too, are not social distancing from them. Thank goodness! Enjoy your Easter with your sweet family as we celebrate our Risen Savior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know myself and I believe many others will never take a single church service for granted!

      Delete
  4. I am ready to get back to normal TOO! I pray for you, your family and the friend of a friend with Corona Virus. Have a blessed day and Easter Sunday tomorrow, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and hugs and prayers for you and yours, Theresa!

      Delete
  5. That's wonderful that you are able to see your kids on Easter. We are in NY and it is scary here. My sister lives around the block but we haven't seen each other in about a month. People are strictly adhering to the social distancing rules, but I miss my family and friends. The other night, we did a Zoom get together with friends...it was interesting!! We won't be in church either, but we've been watching the services live on Facebook for the past several weeks! Happy Easter and enjoy that gathering!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have felt so terrible for all of you in NY and the other areas where the virus has been so devastating. The media says my state of GA is also a hot spot. I am thankful for our little town where many are following the rules (although there will always be some who won't). I pray you and your family will be safe and will get to see and hug each other soon.

      Delete
  6. Why would anyone think they have to have *amazing* things to blog about, at this awful time?????

    It's just the frequent check-in, in pretty blog land, that is important, in this time of isolation. Small but frequent posts. Perhaps...? -smile-

    We will hug again
    💛 💛 💛 💛 💛 💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true:) Blogging does give us at least a way to communicate and connect which I feel is so important for many people's mental health during this time:)

      Delete
  7. Wishing you a beautiful, safe and healthy EAster with your family. It will just be Rick and me this year but I am remembering Easters past on my blog. Social distancing is essential these days and I'm good with that, as long as it takes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this will make us even more thankful for Easter next year, won't it?:)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post!! Enjoyed it lots.
    I sure miss not being able to go to church. Our church service is live on FB and has been such a blessing.
    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I so wish our service was where we could actually "see" my pastor, but I'm very thankful we can hear him on the radio. His wife and I texted today and she says it's really hard for him to preach without his congregation in front of him. Bless his heart...he is such a wonderful speaker. I so look forward to getting back together with my church family. You stay well, sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 4/12

    Happy, Happy, Happy...💛💚💜

    & Please keep blogging...!!!! 💛💚💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and for encouraging me:)

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!