Tuesday, February 23, 2010

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS

Sometimes it seems there's more BAD stuff out there than GOOD.  After mentioning my friend Shannon's accident yesterday, today another friend fell and broke her hip.  However, I'm not going to let myself forget that God is good and there are still plenty of wonderful things out there in this old world.  So....I'm going to spend a few moments counting my blessings:  my loving husband who is my best friend, my son and his family (my two grands), my extended family, the opportunity to have been an educator for over 35 years now, my home (that's paid for...no mortgage!!!), my church & church family, my friends, clothes in the closet & food on the table, more material blessings than I need or deserve, and above all my Lord who loves me (warts and all)!  To my friend JANE....I hope the pain will be minimal and that you will gather strength in knowing that you are loved by many and appreciated for all the wonderful qualities that make you YOU! 


Note:  Be sure to check out the free give-away at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH.  She's giving away your choice of a beautiful tassel from THE TASSEL HOUSE.  (Sorry, but sure hope I win.  I love that bunny tassle!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!