Friday, August 28, 2020

WHO? WHAT? WHERE? WHEN? Q & A Time



Yippee!!!  Happy Dance Time!  I got my computer back from the techie people and it’s doing well….FOR NOW.  Keep your fingers crossed please (and you can say a little prayer if you want to.)  It’s good to be back in the DIGITAL WORLD!!! 


As I’ve mentioned before (several times), I have to have a PROJECT at all times or this old brain just can’t handle it.  BOREDOM is not CANNOT BE a part of my vocabulary!!!!  During all this COVID isolation business, I have organized & reorganized every closet, drawer, cabinet, & niche in our house…even hubby’s underwear drawer! (Yes, I was desperate that day!)  So now I’m on to my next project, actually it’s one I’ve been working on for awhile now, off & on.  It’s a QUESTION & ANSWER JOURNAL.  I found the questions online, printed them out, “cuted” them up a bit (you know what “cuted up” is…right?), and am now in the process of answering them.  I thought it might be a fun thing for my grandkids to find one day when I’ve flown the coop here on Earth.  They can read about me and probably laugh…but hopefully discover a lot about me that they never knew.  And hopefully learn some valuable LIFE LESSONS too.




 

I thought I would share just a few of the questions & my answers with you.  One of the things I enjoy about reading other blogs is learning more about the writer on a personal level.  So here goes…probably telling you more about myself than you would ever want to know!!!!

 

QUESTION:  Describe your personality.

ANSWER:  I’m not sure how to answer this question!  I feel I am a rather complicated person.  I also feel what people see on the outside doesn’t always reflect who I am exactly on the inside.  I think most people would say I was “bubbly” and friendly, thoughtful & caring…and that’s true (at least, I think so).  But people don’t know that on the inside I am very serious & thoughtful (as in, full of thoughts).  My mind often jumps from one thought to another, and it can get very crowded inside my head at times.  I tend to think deeply about a lot of things, maybe even overthink them.  I am a worrier (a BIG one), and I know this drives my family crazy.  I think I am a good person who cares about others.  I think I am hard-working and very seldom am I lazy about anything!  I do my best to put on a happy face and smile at others and show kindness wherever I can. I am not a perfect person…I have lots of flaws…but I am not a bad person.  When I love, I love BIG!  I can have a quick temper sometimes and can be defensive in certain situations.  I fight hard for myself and for others.  Like I said…I’M COMPLICATED!!




 QUESTION:  What jewelry do you wear everyday?

ANSWER:  I “must” wear earrings EVERY SINGLE DAY!  I feel naked without them.   Of course, I always wear my wedding ring:)  Gotta show all those eligible bachelors I'm unavailable:) 



 

QUESTION:  With whom did you have your first kiss?

ANSWER:  I think it was Bubba Breedlove.  I was in the 8th grade and he was in the 10th.  We were both at school early every morning and we would talk.  One morning he just leaned over and kissed me.  Wow!  My toes curled!



 

QUESTION:  What are some things you remember your mother saying when you were a child?

ANSWER:

 “Go get a switch and make sure it’s big enough!”  (Those danged things hurt, but they were effective!)

“Stop crying or I’ll give you something to cry about.”  (I never understood that one!)

“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”  (Good advice, Mama, and I still remember it.)

 

QUESTION:  Do you cry easily?

ANSWER:  Oh my yes!!!  Very easily!  The older I get, the worse it gets.  I cry at sad or sweet movies or stories.  I cry if someone else is crying.  I cry if I just think of something sad.  I do HATE to cry though

Don't you hate it when you cry and your mascara runs????


 

QUESTION:  Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?


ANSWER:  I don’t believe in little green men or UFOs, but I do believe there are spirits around us.  I think some are angels and/or good spirits sent to Earth by God to help do His work, but I also believe the Devil has his soldiers fighting to keep evil alive and well in our world.  I’m not yet sure how I feel about “ghosts”.  I’ve heard some mighty convincing stories that give me food for thought.  But the verdict is still out!

 

QUESTION:  What are some of your pet peeves?

ANSWER:  How much time do you have???

*being blamed for something I didn’t do

*drivers pulling out in front of me (and then going 10 mph!)

 
I don't "usually" honk...but I sure want to!!!!

*people who want to hog the conversation (and make it all about them)

*teachers who are just there for the paycheck (but most do a great job!) (since I'm a retired teacher this is a passionate issue with me!)

*having to wear masks and not being able to see people's nice smiles!!!

(Note:  I had to scratch one I had written...it was a political one!!!)

 

Well, that’s enough for now.  I am really enjoying this type of JOURNALING.  It has made me really look inside myself for some of the answers, made me do some soul-searching, given me food for thought.  And I truly hope that someday “IF” my grandchildren take the time to read all this, they will do some thinking and reflecting of their own...and laugh a little too:) 


How about choosing one of these questions and letting me know your answer.  I love finding out more about you wonderful blog readers😊

 

And on one last political note…whether you are REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRAT, I pray that each and every one of us will do a lot of praying and will vote for the agenda that in our hearts we truly believe is right and good and what God wants for our country.  I feel this year is the year not to so much vote for the actual "people" on the ballot (because they all have their good and bad points), but for the parties' agendas.  What will be good for our country and what in the long run will be good for our children and grandchildren?  We may not agree with each other and that’s OK…as long as we respect each other.  May God bless you, your household, and the United States of America.



12 comments:

  1. Love your question journaling. And, yes, now I know you a little better. I am pretty transparent myself. I guess sometimes I say too much 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, have I ever been guilty of that!!!!

      Delete
  2. These are good questions to make you think! My Granddaughter gave Jack and I books with questions to fill out about our life. It's been a real job to get it filled out! I smiled when you said you always wear earrings..ME TOO! Working as a scrub nurse in surgery we're not allowed to wear rings, watches, necklaces, but as long as they are under our hats we can wear earrings. So you'll always find me with hoops of some kind in my ears. Now that I'm not working I do wear my wedding ring. My original wedding band was stolen when I had to go into work and forgot I had it on. I tucked it in my scrub top pocket and forgot about it. It fell out, somebody found it, put it in a bag on my locker and sometime after that it was stolen. I cried for hours. So hubby surprised me with a new one on Christmas about 25yrs ago. Well, this is too much info about me! Thanks for sharing about you...love to get to know my blog buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sad about your original wedding ring, but bless sweet hubby's heart for the replacement. I have never understood how anyone could steal from another person. My conscience would eat me alive!!!!

      Delete
  3. Great post! When you said your Mom told you to get a stick, it reminded me that my mother always told me to get a "hickory", perhaps that is a regional expression from where I am from, the Toccoa area? Loved this post, it made me chuckle when you talked about pet peeves and you said "how long you got?" HA!! That's me too! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, I try to be nice but I do tend to have a long list of "peeves":) I have heard of a "hickory" but my mama had a switch bush in the yard. I think most south GA mamas had one!!!

      Delete
  4. This was fun and I might have to do something similiar. We are laying pretty low after getting the brunt of the hurricane in our area. We're okay but so many in our area without electricity. WE have dear friends staying with us that are without. Things are very unsettled and add the Covid stuff and it makes for a lot of disgruntled folks. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lea...I didn't even realize you were near all the devastation. Sure have prayed for all the folks affected. Mother Nature can sure get angry sometimes!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Rue, I think that's the shortest comment I've ever received (LOL) but I love all comments...especially positive ones!!! Just read your latest poem. Another great one!

      Delete
  6. I love this and I love your answers- I too worry and overthink things at times.
    It is hard not to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, my husband says if I don't have something to worry about, I will look for something! That is not true (or so I tell myself). Still struggling with letting God be in control but working on it:)

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!