Monday, June 3, 2019

LET'S GO SURFIN'


I’m too old to do this….


but I enjoy doing this…

My husband loves to watch TV…me not so much.  There are a few shows I like, but he usually is watching the sports channel, an action-packed movie, or shows I am just not into…Mountain Men, Pickers, and that show about catching alligators!  I do want to be with him at night so he’s in his recliner watching the tube and I’m in my chair (with feet propped on the ottoman) surfing the internet.  There is just so much to see and learn!!!!

Thought I would share some of the fun projects I’ve seen recently.  There sure are some talented and creative people in this world…wish I was one of them.

What a beautiful bench…made from (I believe) an old headboard and a chest.  Saw this somewhere(?) but the posting said it was on Etsy.com…seller THE PAINTED COTTAGE.  Whoever does this work is very talented and they have some beautiful (though pricey) pieces.  Not sure this bench is still available but it might give someone inspiration. 



 Isn’t this a cute little desk…perfect size for a small child or maybe a kitchen corner.  It’s made from an old wooden breadbox (does anybody really use those??) and discarded coffee table legs.  Looks relatively easy to construct.



I love French Country and this piece would fit right in with that type of design.  Looks so chic and expensive, but it’s made from a bookcase and an old coffee table.  LOVE IT!!!



 I don’t have a dog these days but if I did I would want him or her to have this precious sleeping quarters.  Looks to me like it was made from an old TV cabinet.  What dog wouldn’t feel like a prince or princess relaxing in this?



Polka-dots are so much fun and this piece just makes me smile.

Pinterest

What an ingenious idea for an old antique chair back.  I actually have one of these…bought it an antique shop for $5.  Still haven’t done anything with it but I just loved all the scroll work and carving.  Maybe this will give me inspiration.   (PLEASE read my earlier post about When a Chair Is Not a Chair:)

Pinterest


Awhile back I did a post on screen doors.  You can read it here.  Since I love screen doors and the color red, this would make me happy in my kitchen.  It would also match😊


I have pinned sooooooooooooo many wonderful & ingenious ideas over the years (see my Pinterest boards here), but they just seem to sit idly in my board instead of getting put into action.  So many ideas…so little talent to get them done.  Lots of them are on my agenda though, so I’d better get busy! 

What  projects  have  you  completed  lately?

PS:  I’m not sure what other bloggers do, but I try to always reply to comments made on my blog.  If you make a comment, I hope you will come back and see what I wrote.  I’m sure many bloggers get so many comments they would never have time to reply to all of them, but that is definitely not a problem with my blog😊  Maybe someday!!



19 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are the same way. He's watching sports or something and I'm here in my recliner reading blogs or composing a post or surfing the internet. Enjoyable post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lea. I'd be lost without books and my laptop:)

      Delete
  2. I like "a cute little desk," good for kitchen corner for me...

    Thank you for sharing interesting images

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea and think it would be really easy to create. I don't particularly like the "legs" they chose...too chunky...but others could easily be found.

      Delete
  3. Loving the things you featured today. I am a big fan of taking one thing and making it usable as something else. I love doing that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of recycling or reclaiming! I would love to get into that but I don't ever seem to have the "vision"!

      Delete
    2. I understand. Pinterest helps me a lot of times to see somethings that you can do then I make it my own

      Delete
  4. I do the same thing:) My WISH list for projects is huge! I love the ones you have chosen! That little desk would be perfect for my Great-Granddaughter Brooklyn:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The desk would be really easy to create I think. Difficult part would be finding the breadbox!!! And I would choose less "chunky" legs.

      Delete
  5. Those screen doors, on pantry, are sooo cute!

    But I need to cover the contents of my pantry. :-)))

    Since you mentioned it.... I do not reply to my comments, on my blog. It makes people come to my posts, twice. And I don't care to have to do that. So I don't want them, to have to do it, for mine.

    If someone comments on my blog, I go read/comment on their blog!!!! The old fashioned way. :-)

    And this is what I hope people will do, with me.

    Everyone likes comments. Everyone wants comments. So why not simply repay Dear Readers/Commenters, with going to their blog...???

    Since you mentioned it.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same...go to their blogs and comment. Just returning the courtesy! I have always wondered though if I should or should not reply to comments! You make an excellent point...and I figure most probably don't come back to even see what I wrote:)

      Delete
  6. Cheri, I love the inspiration pieces you shared. I'm not talented enough to do most of them, but I do try to do small projects. The bigger ones require space we just don't have and skills that I'm not willing to learn! :-) But I do love looking! :-) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have written exactly what you did!!!! I do think the breadbox desk might be easy enough to do...with hubby's help! I keep telling myself I will put more effort into at least making attempts....but I seldom carry through. I just live vicariously through other people's projects:)

      Delete
  7. We sound very similar, Cheri, as do our husbands! Same shows on the tv over here. I do what you do, surf or write or blog. Right now we are in the middle of several updates, so I am combing Pinterest for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what would we do without PINTEREST????

      Delete
  8. Jack and your hubby would get along fine..we have a similar routine...him, TV, me, internet. I love those ideas but I'm not very crafty. The screen door is so cute. I talked Jack into putting one like that on our back door and then maybe on the front too. I'll have to blog about it when it's done. We're repainting and getting spare rooms spruced up for family visits this summer. I have an old dresser that would look super cute with the polka dots! Hmmmm...next project? We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely take photos if you carry through with any of the projects:) I'm not too crafty either...always tell myself I could probably do it but then lose the motivation to try. Looking is fun though!!!!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!