Monday, April 22, 2019

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS





*clean sheets on the bed
*a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning
*a bubble bath after a long, hard week

*getting a letter from a long-lost friend
*driving down a pretty road with the windows down on a sunny day
*waking up remembering a sweet dream
*laughing with a friend
*playing with a puppy on a freshly mown lawn
*holding a newborn baby
*sipping on a glass of sweet iced tea on a hot summer day


*a hot shower
*chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven
*swinging as high as you can go
*attending a class reunion and realizing you haven’t aged any more than anyone else
*a walk on the beach and finding a pretty shell or piece of sea glass

*finding no one ahead of you in line when you are in a hurry
*hearing your favorite “oldie but goldie” on the radio
*curling up in the window seat with a good book on a rainy day
*listening to the thunder during a gentle summer rainfall
*playing in mudpuddles after the rain



*enjoying your favorite milkshake or ice cream sundae
*finding something you lost and never thought you'd see again
*laughing at yourself when no one is watching

*watching your favorite chic flic
*having someone notice you’ve lost weight
*completing a difficult crossword puzzle (without cheating)
*finding just-the-right outfit for that special occasion
*wrapping up in a soft blanket & drinking a cup of hot tea when you’re feeling lousy
*the smell of a new car…or a new baby
*enjoying a beautiful sunrise or sunset



*thinking about all the things you have to be grateful for
*blowing out the candles on your birthday cake
*seeing the first daffodils of spring
*jumping in a pile of freshly raked autumn leaves
*sharing time with those you love


My grandbabies๐Ÿ˜Š
who are no longer “little” things



It’s  the  little  things๐Ÿ˜Š

What are the "little things" in your life?



16 comments:

  1. Oh what a nice list of little things that are really big things. I went down the list saying YES, YES, YES... Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get the more I appreciate the "little things."

      Delete
  2. Amen to all that! My sweet cat, sweet Rick, a sunny day, Harry the Heron, mail that isn't a bill or junky... and so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, indeed and these are some of the "little things" for sure. A great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to occasionally just sit and think of all the wonderful things around us:)

      Delete
  4. Love this list!! The clean sheets on the bed is one of the most awesome things, especially after they have been "line-dried" during the summer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benita, I haven't slept on sun-dried sheets in a VERY long time but I sure remember how wonderful they smelled! I don't have a clothesline but sure miss it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleeping in on a day off. Watching the sun rise on my way to work. Getting off early when we have a light surgery day. How happy my dog is to me when I come home. Visiting my Momma..like this weekend! My yard after I mow. The birds that visit our feeder. Finding money in an old purse. Looking at the jars of produce after I can them. If all of us think about it there's so much to be grateful for. Thanks for reminding me to appreciate those simple things you wrote about..great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I should have thought about the birds!!! We love all the birds that come to our feeders. Had a new one we had never seen before this week....grosbeak. It was so pretty. We have lots & lots of cardinals and bluejays and we also now have some small woodpeckers. We enjoy them so much.

      Delete
  7. The little things are amazing....I am just having trouble enjoying them right now. The struggle of losing mom in Jan is still with me. It seems to take a long time to get by this. But I love the little things that make you laugh and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so truly sorry for the loss of your mother. I am sure it is very hard, but she would want you to always remember the wonderful memories you have and smile. In time, I promise it will get easier; you won't ever forget but you will find reasons to be happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list of little things. I thought I had your direct email address to reply to your comments but I guess I don't. Anyway- thanks for telling me about your 'funny uncle' that teased you about holidays, etc.

    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Sunday and a great week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. We must be kindred spirits! Your list is full of the things I love. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, thanks. I always enjoy meeting a kindred spirit:)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!