Thursday, March 31, 2011

LEMON PUDDING POUND CAKE by Mia

Hello, Everybody.  I am Cheri’s granddaughter Mia and I am 4 years old.  I will be your guest BLOGGER today. 


Today Cheri and I had lots of fun baking a cake for my daddy’s bank.  They are having a Bake Sale to raise money for RELAY FOR LIFE to help people that are sick with cancer like my friend Gage.

We baked my great-grandmother's
   LEMON  PUDDING  POUND  CAKE ...
it's my daddy's favorite.

The first thing you have to do is...read the recipe.

Then you beat the eggs and add the other things to make the cake taste yummy. 


Next you use the mixer and mix, mix, mix, mix, mix....for 10 whole minutes. 

Whew!  My hand got tired so Cheri took over.
We’re wearing the matching aprons my Mama gave us for Christmas. 

Of course, the best part of baking a cake is this.....

        licking the bowl...and the beaters!

I even let my big brother share....boys can be so silly.

This is what our cake looks like now.   Mmmmm....y-u-m-m-y!

I hope it sales for a lot of money to help all the sick people get well. 

In case you want to try my great-grandmother's recipe, here it is:

LEMON  PUDDING  POUND  CAKE

1 pkg. yellow cake mix                        1 - 3 3/4 oz. pkg. instant lemon pudding mix
4 eggs                                                3/4 cup water
1/2 cup salad oil
Glaze:    1 cup confectioner's sugar  &  1/3  cup lemon juice

Beat eggs until lemon-colored.  Add cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, & salad oil.  Beat at medium speed for 10 minutes.  Pour into greased 10-inch tube pan lined with waxed paper.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes.  Remove hot cake from pan.  Using a fork or wooden skewer, prick holes in top of cake, then drizzle glaze on top and sides of cake.             GLAZE:  combine conf. sugar & lemon juice and heat to boiling.

20 comments:

  1. You should have doubled the recipe and made two.I like it also

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY, If I lived closer... I would buy that cake! I know it is delicious because YOU made it! Thanks for sitting in for Cheri! I miss her but enjoyed your post too:) BIG HUGS, Ganky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well ! ! First of all, you have gorgeous blue eyes!! You did such a good job, your cake looks lovely and yummy. I hope your grandmother lets you guest post again someday....))smiles))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl she is too cute!!She is really concentrating.Love it!I will be copying this recipe it does sound yummy!!
    Miss you!

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is amazing!!! It's beautiful and I can just imagine how good it will taste! Lemon is one of my very favorites (only second to chocolate :-) and I would definitely buy it if I was close enough! I going to try and see if I can make one too and I hope that it looks as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come over upon the request of the Georgia Gobbler and see his little cake baking machine. Mia, please include a cake like that the next time your dad sends me boiled peanuts.

    Take care,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks awesome! With such good help, how could it not sell for millions! I love the serious look of an egg cracker at work..turned out perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Cheri,
    She is just absolutely adorable! Love the cake too, it looks fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mia, when I was your age, licking beaters and bowls were my favorite part of cooking, whether I helped or not.

    A little secret: I am now 74 and still to it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Cheri, your granddaughter is precious and what a little helper she is. Don't you just LOVE being a "Grandma".

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to meet you Mia and your grandmother Cheri.
    I just found you tonight and we have so many of the same friends I am wondering why it took me so long to find such a beautiful blog as yours.
    This post is precious and I am glad I found you
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right about being home in Georgia! I've been missing posts like this??? This is a precious post! I'm just sorry that I don't live close enough to come to the bake sale :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely adorable. The children not the cake! Those are two of the cutest little ones. Mine are all grown...and the Greats are not around close by. Makes me sad.

    The cake looks ..delicious!!!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too precious for words!
    Everything about it is like a wonderful storybook.

    Just darling,

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey sweetie...the cake looks fantastic and those little grands are adorable! Two of my grandbabies live right next door...Bailey 13 & Sofie 6...I love being able to see them everyday....thanks so much for coming by sweetie...It is so nice to meet you....hope you have a great weekend....Picket

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute post! I know you had fun doing that! I think that Blair is going to be a cook as well. She loves to help GiGi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Mia! You did a great job! I know that y'all have lots of fun on this little project! I think that Blair is going to be a little cook as well because she always wants to help Gigi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mia, how GROWN UP you are!!! I think I'd like a slice of your cake, but I bet you have already eaten it all, right?

    You are just as cute as a button. Did you know buttons were cute?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well Mia, you did a really good job of both blogging and baking. That cake looks really yummy and I know that you dad was really proud of you for baking it to sell to help other people. That is a really important job! Great post, Cheri!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!