Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Missing in Action!

Sorry that I've been M.I.A.  This is the first chance I've had to even open my blog (or anyone else's) in days!  I've been missing everyone.  For a retired person I sure do seem to stay busy!  With work, grandchildren duties, and the approaching holidays there just seems to be so much to do.

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments on my SANTA CANS .  I sent one off recently to my Christmas Box Swap partner, along with other goodies...sure hope she likes it. 


The next project I hope to get to soon also involves cans...paint cans.  You can purchase them at your local paint store or some place like LOWES' or HOME DEPOT. 



I made these last year for my grandson's teacher and parapro.  The teacher's can was filled with various school supplies and treats,  and the para's can held hand cream, notes, candy, etc.  I think they make really cute gifts and can easily be covered and decorated with scrapbooking and craft supplies.  There are several tutorials on the web.

Can you believe it's only 39 days till the BIG DAY?  I've been doing quite a bit of online shopping this past week.  I can't enjoy the season until all shopping is done and presents wrapped under the tree.  I really do lots of research before I order and definitely look for either great deals or free shipping.  I've been pleased so far.  AMAZON.com is one of my favorite sites.  I not only can get free shipping on many items but can also check out the reviews.  I've decided against ordering several things after reading what customers have to say.

Hopefully my next post will be to show you some of my Christmas decorating.  Until then, hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed THANKSGIVING
Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Thanksgiving to you also. Tomorrow on both of my blogs..I have a Linky going for desserts,stuffing or dressing recipes. Would love to have some of your yummy recipes.

    Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a running order on Amazon right now! I just emailed D about the kids' gifts. And I was going to get Blair an Elmo play doh thing, so I had it in my cart, and the dang thing has gone up $5 since yesterday! Shoot! How about the lens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri! Sounds like you're keeping busy and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheri,
    For someone who told me she wasn't that crafty, you sure are crafty!
    I love the paint can idea! Wow! I have so many old ones. But I suppose you nead a clean new one.
    I think I am going to hit the sales on Black Friday. It's a zoo but I do get great deals.
    Hugs to you,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you were busy! I missed seeing you but totally understand the need to get stuff done! I need to be doing the same thing! I worked really hard for about a week or so and then it just fizzled out! Gotta get back at it today! Have a blessed day! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are BUSY!
    How are your teachers doing?
    Is everything going well?

    I love your cans!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very creative and bet your efforts are rewarded with many compliments. The cans are really great.

    As an elderly couple with no children we do the holidays differently, especially Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you sweetie!!! I've recently begun to think my life is really boring - get up, go to work, come home, eat supper, go to bed.... One day I'll retire and stay there - and I'm looking forward to having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are adorable and so is your Santa Can! You crafty gal, you've inspired me to get started on a few projects of my own and I think I'll try a few of those cans for sure!

    So nice to be back visiting again, I missed you and your sweet posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute idea again! Hmmm..if you're working, retired isn't the word...maybe you're recycled? I plan on working forever so I can drive all my co-workers bonkers. (more than I do now) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your cute cans. great way to use an item you may have. great gifts. have a wonderful thanksgiving. rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your can art! And I also love Amazon.com. I'm thinking I might like that new Stephen King book for Xmas. Haven't read him in ages. I have some cans I've washed and got saved. Been wondering just what I want to do with them.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. jumping back. thanks for your sweet comment on my post re change. i'm ok doing posts, but a book, forgetit. take care rose

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!