Saturday, February 5, 2022

THIS AND THAT AND NOT MUCH MORE

 

I had such good INTENTIONS of writing more on my blog....but you know how that goes!  I have been one busy gal lately.  Remind me that I am retired and I should not have any more BIG IDEAS.  Why?  Because I was put in CHARGE of my BIG IDEA, that’s why.  And has it ever been      B-I-G!


Our church has been through several transitions over the last few years and to make a long story short, our church needs a big, big cleanup and decluttering!  I talked to our chairman of the Deacons about it, then he asked me to speak at the Deacon’s monthly meeting and....WHAM!!!!  They told me to come up with a plan and they would be right behind me!!!!

Well, I have been working on this plan...and doing a lot of cleaning out all by myself...for about two months and the big CLEANUP DAY is Feb. 26.  I have thrown away, donated, decluttered, and organized until I’m one tired puppy!  BUT....I’m not complaining because I’m DOING IT FOR THE LORD:)  Hopefully I’ll have lots of help to finish up on the 26th.  If not, I’m sending the devil after them!!!!

So what can I share with you that’s more interesting than dirt & clutter???  Well, here is something that made me do a happy dance.


I had been wanting some cute spice jars to put in my cabinet since I don’t have enough counter space for a spice rack.  I kept looking but didn’t want to pay the high prices.  Then I learned about AMAZON WAREHOUSE....am I the last to hear about this?  I checked it out not expecting much and would you believe one of the first things that popped up  was the exact jars (with printed labels) that I had wanted and the price....$13!!!!  I jumped on those cuties before I could blink.  I just love labels!!!

And before I go, how about a quick and easy meal...my husband loves it.  We have it on a Sat. or Sun. night when I don’t want to cook much.  And is it ever filling!!!!




To give it a little more oomph I bake a small chicken breast or two chicken tenders, chop them up, and add to the pot.

 

This last time we also enjoyed this with some yummy bread to dip in it.  This lovely Infused Sunflower Oil is produced in the next county and it was a gift from our son.  Really added some pizzazz to our simple meal.


 




I hope all of you are well and not dealing with Covid as many here are...good thing is few are going to the hospital and this strain is basically like a bad cold along with tiredness...I still don’t want it!

Hope those of you with snow are enjoying it...wish you’d send me a snowball or two!  In other words, I hope all is well in your world and that each day you count many blessings.



27 comments:

  1. That is one big job you've taken on. Hope you get lots of help. :)
    Like those spice jars - nice having the name of the spices right on top like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore labels...so gratifying for some silly reason:) Guess I got a great deal because those jars are now selling for double the price from the same seller!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey There!!!! Could you possibly give the link for those jars and labels?? I have a drawer just begging for organization!
    I'm on my 8th day with C..no fun and tired doesn't even do it justice. I'll have a good day and then 2 bad ones. Can't wait for it to be over!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo sorry you are sick. Hope you are well soon! Here is the link I found when I went to my Orders section on Amazon, but the price is now doubled. I don't understand how Amazon Warehouse works but I guess maybe the items there are limited. Maybe someone returned the ones I got and so they resold at a cheaper price. I wouldn't pay the $27 they are asking now....I'm not cheap, just frugal:) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08LW1QX2T?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm the Amazon Queen but have never heard of the Amazon Warehouse. Lordy mercy, must go check that out. Enjoyed the visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked out the warehouse much but was so super excited when exactly what I had wanted popped up!!!

      Delete
  4. It sounds as if things are going great. We love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for taking on that project. I have opened my mouth once too many times in the past, too. LOL. Live and learn. It does sound like you are enjoying it though. I hope your helpers show up on that day. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had better show, Diana...or the Lord won't be pleased (and neither will I!!)

      Delete
  6. Hi lady....I need you to come declutter for me!! lol...its always hard work when it has to be done. Great job that you have been getting on it though. Okay, so I have to check out Amazon Warehouse. I have not heard of that. Later....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam. I do love to keep the stuff I truly love, but I'll throw stuff out in a heartbeat:)

      Delete
  7. Oh girl, you surely haven taken on a big project! Decluttering my she shed and home has been one in itself so I can't imagine a church! But praise the Lord for those willing to serve and work unto the Lord. I had heard about Amazon warehouse and have several friends that love it. I am going to give it a look today. LORD help me at what I might find! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I surely didn't need another place to online shop but it sure makes things easier!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a major project, and I do hope you will have lots of helpers on that day. Many hands make light work, so they say, and so it is true! I learned a long time ago that if I had any good ideas to do something like that, I should be prepared to either head it up or do it myself or keep it to myself! Because once mentioned, you will be put in charge...but I love your attitude! Yes, it is for the Lord and He will bless your efforts in so many ways. Thank you for doing that. I love your little spice jars. Really cute. Do they come WITH the spices, or are they just jars? Just wondering. Yes, the covid that is going around is like a very bad cold. Hubby and I had it and it took us 3 weeks to get over it, and we still have some "issues", but we are very thankful it wasn't worse. It went all around our church and our area. Thankfully no one has ended up in the hospital with this one so far. Praise God. TAke care and don't overdo it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pam. No the spices don't come with the jars but there are labels for spices I've never even heard of:) Glad you and hubby are better. Lots of covid here but most haven't ended up in hospital. I keep praying we don't get it...too much going on for me to be sick!

      Delete
  9. Oh boy, that sounds like a really big job, Cheri! You are so good. I used to volunteer (or get volunteered!!) for so many things. I think I'm burnt out now. And Amazon Warehouse?? Where have I been? Off to check it out now!! Good luck with your project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely turning into a HUGE job...much more than I ever expected! I have done so much preliminary work to get ready for the big cleanup day. Sure hope those good Christians at my church show up!!!! And after it's over I'm taking a long nap!!!

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful job you are doing for the Lord! I know it is much appreciated. LOVE the noodles, we eat them often. ALL flavors:) Those are some really cute spice jars, good job! Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope the Lord is pleased...and that he will bless this very tired body:)

      Delete
  11. Hi Cheri
    I have not used sunflower oil so I must get some and try it with pasta .
    I need to clean out more clothing and take to my donation center run by churches around town

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for dropping by. I just visited your blog:)

      Delete
  12. Feb. 9th

    Hope you will soon read my now last post.

    It is scary!
    ❓❓❓❓❓❓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just went over to your blog:) I always enjoy it.

      Delete
  13. Watch those Big Ideas!!!!

    Someone will put YOU in charge of doing the project. -grin-

    Never heard of Amazon Warehouse. Must look.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey dear! Loved your post and allready followed your blog, i want invite you to visit and follow my blog back <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheri I am so sorry you stopped blogging! I miss you. Hope you are well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!