Monday, September 21, 2020

IS IT TOO EARLY???


 

OK…FALL is here…decorating done. 



October soon will be here…time for Halloween decorations.



November sneaks in  and Thanksgiving decorations will be up about 3 weeks.  




THEN…the day after Thanksgiving it’s…


Time for CHRISTMAS!  

So, what’s too early to begin Christmas?

So many stores already have Christmas decorations.

Two friends recently ate in two different CRACKER BARREL restaurants in two different locations and they were….playing Christmas music!!!!!!  

Now I do love Christmas, but Christmas music in September is absolutely just too early for my liking!  If I start hearing it now, I will be tired of it by the time it’s time to start enjoying it!!!!   Sorry CRACKER BARRELL…waaayyyy too early!

 

BUT!!!  Is it too early to begin Christmas shopping??????

My answer…NOOO.  Definitely not too early. 


I would love to think I could have all my shopping done before December 1; the earlier the better.  Why???


It takes away a lot of stress…no last minute trying to find a last minute gift among the gifts last to go!!!

 I


Much better selection is available.  All the good gifts will be gone if you wait too long…even if you find really good sales the later you wait.



If you (like me) love to do lots of online shopping, shopping early means you don’t get all stressed out wondering if the gifts will arrive on time.  Plus you will have time to make any needed exchanges so you’ll have the absolute right gift under the tree.

I
I


NOTE:  I have read here & there that more people will be shopping online this year than ever due to worry that there will be another wave of COVID-19 along with flu season. 

 

I have a 17 year old grandson, a 14 year old granddaughter, a son, and DIL, and husband to mainly buy for…plus my mama and a few friends.  We spoil, spoil, spoil the grandkids (and the big kids) at Christmas.  It’s just what hubby and I love to do.  But it’s getting harder and harder because they have so much already…and the older they get the more expensive their CHRISTMAS LIST gets!  I am always looking for new and fun ideas and it seems to get harder every year.  But to me…the hunt is part of the FUN!


My favorite (yet probably most aggravating) part of gift giving is the…

 STOCKING   STUFFERS

My son has always bragged on what great gifts I find for their stockings, so every year I have to work a little harder to uphold my reputation!  My goal:  neat stuff without a big expense.  One mistake I made when the grandkids came along:  I bought HUGE stockings for them!!!!


I’ve already found a few things to stuff the family socks, but the hunt has just begun.  I’m always open for new ideas, so if you have any please let me know!!!

 


 

Checklist:
*laptop 

*credit card√

*coffee √

*glasses √

*ideas  (in progress)

 

LET’S  GO  SHOPPING!!! 


Are you ready???

 

 

17 comments:

  1. I've been decorated for Fall and the Halloween usually doesn't go up until Oct 1 but I'm going to start earlier this year because I'm going to go through all my stuff and downsize as I decorate. It's waaaaayyy to early for Christmas but not for the shopping part. With 4 boys, their wives, 9 grandkiddos, and all the extras I have to start early. It's harder each year because they are getting older and usually just want gift cards. I try and balance it out with gifts to open and the cards. Yep, it's a crazy busy time but we do it anyway and enjoy it. Now that I'm not working the budget will have to be in consideration this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Yaya! You definitely have a looonnnggg list!!! Have fun!!!!

      Delete
  2. Way too early for me to even think about Christmas. Don't do much shopping but I do a lot of baking for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby actually enjoys waiting to the last minute...but I've about turned him around. Last minute would drive me nuts!!!

      Delete
  3. I am going to agree with you this Covid Christmas - it is not too early for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had several things to arrive this week and that has made me VERY happy:)

      Delete
  4. Cheri, can you even begin to imagine the Amazon sales this year due to Covid? I bet you it will be crazy for sure this Christmas. I ordered the majority of my Christmas last year online. I like to go shopping because I "want" too and not because I "have too". With my little family of 14 (children and grands) I try to have everything done by Thanksgiving. All my grands get stocking stuffers too and like you, it's getting harder to come with ideas and my mercy things are so expensive. Thankfully my daughters are really good about giving me gift ideas for them all but the stocking ideas I am about to run out of. LOL! I love Christmas so hoping to get started on decor early this year. And I will wait a while on the Christmas music though I do love it. Happy First Day of Fall. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, don't know if you've tried this but you can go to Pinterest and search for stocking stuffers and many will pop up for various age groups. Many are the same over and over, but I need all the help I can get:)

      Delete
  5. When the kids were small Santa was done shopping by October! Now, as you said, they're older so it's hard to buy for them, but I have already started. I need to get those fall bins out though, haven't started decorating for fall yet...but Christmas isn't far behind! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it seems from Sept. through Dec. I am decorating, undecorating, and decorating again...and the time just flies by!!

      Delete
  6. I'm fall decorating! OH yes, Christmas music now, a tad bit soon. I'm going to do online Christmas shopping. Like you, the grands are getting older and so hard to buy for. But it's fun, love it! Happy fall, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thanks so much for stopping by to chat. If you come up with some good teenage gift items, let me know:)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheri, I am now inspired to get busy with my Christmas shopping, like you September is way to early for Christmas music and decorations!
    It seems the holidays are running together to fast for me, I like to savor each one as long as possible. Thanks for sharing, I leave with a smile your images always make me smile, and I love the hall tree of yours.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sweet Sue, for your nice comment and compliments:) I'm so glad I could make you smile.

      Delete
  9. Shopping? I am almost done with all my Christmas shopping! haha...I try to not do any Halloween decor till the 1st of Oct. However the itch has been causing me to want to scratch and put stuff up. I have mine sort of narrowed down to pretty much a door decor these days. Last yr when I took my yard stuff down I gave it all to my daughter. I gave her my wooded cut out ghost that I hung from trees and now I wished I had them..haha...but I still have the patterns!! Might be time to pull out the saw and make more. As for Christmas, my day for that is normally the weekend after Thanksgiving but I actually sat here the other day and thought about going ahead and putting up my black tree! haha....yep, well I talked myself out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, seriously? You have already finished your Christmas shopping???? Wow! I sure envy you.
      I guess in a few days I will have to pull out the Halloween decorations. Probably wouldn't do it except my grands even though they are teens still want me to:) And their wish is my command!

      Delete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!