Thursday, May 23, 2019

THIS & THAT...and A NEW RECIPE

*NOTE:  thanks to a sweet reader who was a better proofreader than me, I had made a mistake in the original post, so this is a correction.  Golly, gee!  Where is my brain these days???


As I stated in my short bio when I started back blogging, I will post about whatever suits my fancy at the time๐Ÿ˜Š  So first I want to share a delicious new recipe we have tried recently.  I am a fairly decent cook but lately I have felt like this….






It’s not so much the COOKING I dislike as having to plan what to eat!  I mean, after cooking for 49 years I’m just tired of the same old same old.  Anybody know what I mean???  If someone would just plan my menus….with easy-to-prepare dishes…I’d be a happy camper chef!  

The sweet man I married never complains about what I cook and is always willing to try something new, so lately I’ve tried to do just that.  Here is a recipe I found recently and have made now about 3 times and every time he has gone on and on about how good it is….definitely a MAN PLEASER recipe.  So….even though I don’t have pictures of the finished product I thought I’d share.  If you were a boy or girl scout who went camping, this type of meal might bring back some fun memories.

(Note:  I found this recipe on the internet but don’t remember where!)


FOIL BAKED CHICKEN with VEGGIES

You will need: 
*chicken tenders (2-3 per person) or you can cut up a boneless chicken breast
*veggies of choice – I use zucchini, carrots, bell pepper (onions might be good too)
*pineapple chunks or tidbits
*salt & pepper or seasoned salt (I used Lawry’s)



AND….this magic ingredient…LAWRY'S HONEY BOURBON MARINADE!


How you do it:
*Rip off a good-size piece of aluminum foil per person
*Cut up your veggies & layer them on the foil
*Season with whatever you choose
*layer on the pineapple
*layer on the chicken (I also add some seasoning to it)
*pour 1/3 cup of the marinade on top of each packet

*Now seal it all up TIGHTLY!
*Place on a baking sheet because some of the juice still might leak out.
*Bake until chicken is done…I find 30 min. is perfect for the tenders.
*Serve in the foil…makes for easy clean-up plus you don’t want to lose any of that wonderful sauce!!!  (If you don’t mind carbs….dip a yeast roll in the sauce & mind your manners because you will want to smack your lips…it’s that good๐Ÿ˜Š 

And these are the absolute best yeast rolls ever…unless you're into making home-made (which I am definitely not!)


Since you have your meat and veggies, it’s basically a one-dish meal!  My kind of cooking!!!




Now for the THIS & THAT:

This is how my lantana looked a few weeks ago.




This is how it looks now



We decided it was WHITEFLIES or some similar bug so we’ve sprayed it and hoping it will come back into it’s former glory.


Granddaughter M. had a busy week with Sports Banquet & Honors Night.  She did really well this year.    Although no pictures grandson R. had a great year too…exempted all his finals so got out of school 2 days early.  Ready now to start his first summer job!




This little thing has kept me busy this past couple of weeks.  My son’s new baby!  I have been puppy-sitting some mornings.  Isn't she precious?



 Recently went to a rodeo that came to our little town (not a very good one, I might add).
Granddaughter M. even had her birthday party there!!!


Even though it rained for awhile, they had a great time๐Ÿ˜Š



And that’s about it.  Now I’m off to get ready to go to some friends’ house where we are having a get-together.  Being with friends & no cooking for me…sounds like a great evening. 

So what have YOU been up to lately?




10 comments:

  1. Since husband likes to cook, and I do not, he has been chef, since he retired. But planning meals is a "pain"! We both get so tired of it. -sigh-

    Mmmmmmm, don't you add the delicious BBQ sauce, to the foil packets of chicken and veggies? :-)

    That food combination sounds so good. Addition of the pineapple, is a stroke of genius.

    Congratulations to your "Grands"!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I need to go back and correct!!!

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU AGAIN!!! Went back and "fixed" it. My brain is going by the day. I was in a hurry to finish the post before we left the house to go out and was writing the recipe from memory...not a good thing these days.

      Delete
    3. Happy, that you accepted my recipe question. :-))))))

      Believe me, we here, know all about "forgetting" things. (82 and 86 here) We love post-it-notes, to keep ourselves on 'the ball.' -grin-

      Gentle hugs....

      Delete
  2. Love that recipe and Lawry's is always a great "go-to" seasoning of any flavor! Congrats to the grands! Sorry the rodeo wasn't any good...it's always a hit or miss here in Texas! Hope you have a great holiday weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think all rodeos in TX would be awesome. Ours is not a biggie for sure, only 2nd one we've ever had. Last year's was OK but this year was literally terrible...in my opinion!

      Delete
  3. First off...puppy is adorable and your grand is so pretty. Oops on the plant. Mine was been nelgected so badly this yr. Need to find some get up and go! YOu got any you can share! haha...wow, looks like you have been busy. I love the one pot/pan dishes. And since I don't eat much it is the way to go. Problem, I usually end up eating it for days. Not much on remembering to freeze stuff so a lot gets tossed out if the dogs don't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a great recipe for someone living alone and cooking for themselves. Just fix what you think you can eat...no leftovers:)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!