Saturday, August 11, 2018

MEME SCHMEME




Well, I’m finally going to break down and get on board with a MEME!  So many bloggers have “been there, done that” but I never have.  However, I came across this one today and (for whatever crazy reason) it appealed to me.  In case you are interested in delving into my brain & learning a little bit more about my (out-of-the-ordinary) way of thinking, then PLEASE do read on.  But if not, that’s understandable & you can just come back to  "chat" another day.  I’m really doing this to tap my own brain & see what it comes up with.  You know, at my age you’ve got to work on your brain health as much as possible!!!  So here goes with the 'I  MEME'

*I am:     (it would start off with a really hard one!)   still learning how to “age gracefully”
*I live:    in a yellow two-story house in a small rural southern town
*I think:    too much about things that don’t really matter or things I can’t change anyway
*I know:    I am very blessed to have my wonderful family

*I want:    to be remembered as a teacher who gave it her all & made a positive difference in children’s lives
*I wish:    I could win the lottery (I’d share😊)
*I pray:    every day for those I love & care about….and sometimes for the world in general
*I sometimes:    cry for no good reason
*I hurt when:    someone I love hurts
*I fear:    the loss of loved ones...and going to the dentist
*I miss:    my daughter & teaching
*I hoard:    paper!  especially pretty paper!
*I take:    blood pressure medicine
*I believe:    in God, Jesus, & the American flag
*I crave:    SUGAR (especially if it’s combined with chocolate!)
*I love to:    dance (get down & boogie)

*I look for:    bargains (my husband says I’m cheap; I say I’m frugal)
*I never:    swim underwater  (nearly drowned as a child)
*I spend:    too much time on the computer
*I write:    epistles when I email friends & family  (guess I’m long-winded!)
*I had:       a dog that had a mental breakdown (when our son went off to college)

*I am passionate about:    my grandchildren!
*I cry:  at the drop of a hat
*I am impatient when:  I have to wait a long time unnecessarily🙁
*I need to:  stop worrying so much 
*I cherish:    my husband (he’s so good to me😊)

OK….enough already!  If you have made it this far BLESS YOUR HEART!  Thanks for reading….now we both know a little bit more about me!  Everybody needs to get a little introspective at times.  What about you?


9 comments:

  1. Did you seriously have to mention the dentist:) I have an appt in the morning WITH a new hygienist:( Lots on your list are the same for me. I try to turn worry into prayer and then find myself worrying again and feeling bad for not leaving it with God! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with the praying & then "backsliding":) I have been reminding myself a lot lately: LET GO AND LET GOD. Hope I listen to myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet and I think it's fun to join these every now and then. :)

    I can cry at the drop of a hat and for no reason too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed learning more about you and we have some things in common; i.e. crying at the drop of a hat; not liking to swim underwater; love my grandchildren, and definitely need to stop worrying so much. Thanks for sharing 'you'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for visiting my blog. I had not been receiving comments in my email and got really behind. I think I have it fixed now thanks to NanaDiana! Anyway, thank you for your visits. And it was nice to "meet" you here with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, Cheri, I can relate to a lot of these! I love posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love getting to know my fellow bloggers better! I think you sound like a great gal to know and have as a friend. I also bet you were a wonderful teacher. I don't fear the dentist but my wallet breaks out in a sweat when I go! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is beautiful. I am sure you are a wonderful person to learn from.
    Our dog "Indy" would break his leash and run out on the street looking for our son who had left for college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this, a great meme, glad you joined in. I've never seen this one. Enjoyed your answers! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!