Thursday, March 22, 2018

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Wow!  It's hard to believe that I haven't written my blog for over 3 years!  Where has the time gone?  I really enjoyed writing here....enjoyed it quite a lot....but life just got in the way, plus I think I just got burned out and discouraged.  BUT...now I think I'm going to try again. 

My blog never did really catch on with others in the blogging world, and that bothered me at one time.  However, I've decided I am going to just write this for myself to journal and document life-happenings around here and to write about things that interest me, including decorating & gardening ideas, crafts, recipes, and anything else that catches my fancy.  Of course, there will be many posts about the grandkids and small-town life.  AND...if any readers want to stop in and see what I have to say, then that will just be icing on the cake. 
                                                             

So…feel free to come along with me in this old/new adventure and maybe you'll find some food for thought.

My Bucket List for 2018
I’ve always been a maker of LISTS; it brings joy to my heart when I can check off things & see what all I have accomplished.  Plus it helps me NOT TO FORGET to do things I need to do๐Ÿ˜Š  So here is a list of goals I really hope to accomplish this year:
1.     Write my blog…no particular schedule; just when I want to๐Ÿ˜Š
2.     Start (and stick to) a fauxbonichi journal….if you want to know what that is go here….www. http://fauxbonichiwa.blogspot.com/p/intro-to-hobonichi.html .  There is even a wonderful facebook page you can join here www.facebook.com/groups/FauxbonichiJournalers/ .
3.    Plan out weekly menus and (definitely) try some new recipes!  Hubby has now
retired, will be home more often, & guess that means more cooking for me.
                                                                


4.  Complete some long overdue home & DIY projects…I’ll try to remember to take pictures & share!
5.  Maybe??? try Junk Journaling &/or Pocket Letters again.  (I like being creative.)
     6.  Find more joy, more gratitude, more peace, and more fun!  Life is too short๐Ÿ˜Š

And….for visiting me on CHERI’S CHATTER today how about a gift of two of our favorite dishes for these last few days of cooler spring weather.     So glad you dropped by and hope will come again as often as you can.  Love & hugs!

DUMP  SOUP

Ingredients:
   1-1 ½ lbs. ground beef or venison (we are hunters!) (browned & drained)
   2 cans cream style corn
   1 can condensed tomato soup (undiluted)
   1 can Veg-All (undrained)
   1 can butterbeans (undrained) (I keep leftovers of our fresh beans in the freezer)
   1 can okra (undrained)
   1 or 2 cans petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
   about ¼ cup dry white rice (just to add some body & thickness to the soup)
   a little bit of water if soup gets too thick
   salt & pepper to taste

Brown the meat in large Dutch oven or pan.  Drain.  Then just “dump” everything else in!  Yep, just that easy๐Ÿ˜Š  Cook on simmer about 1 1/2-2 hrs. (make sure rice is cooked).    It’s delicious and will warm up your bones on cold nights.  (You can actually dump in anything of your choice!)

MY  MAMA’S  CHEESE  MUFFINS
*Goes great with any Southern meal or your favorite bowl of hot soup!

*Mix together:
          1 cup self-rising flour                             3/4 grated cheddar cheese (I use mild)
          3/4 cup corn meal                                   1/4 cup sugar
          1/2 cup vegetable oil                              1 egg
          1 cup milk
*Bake in greased muffin tins at 425 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
They melt in your mouth!





And here is my granddaughter cooking the soup for her Papa’s dinner!  (She no longer wears glasses so probably won’t want me sharing this picture๐Ÿ˜Š)  She is wearing her great-great grandmother’s handmade apron.  Love that she loves to cook with me!   You can read more about this day here:

                                                                              





1 comment:

  1. Well, it's about time:) I have missed your sweet self. I have been blogging for 9 years and it is just my daily journal. I have a few followers that follow along and others that pop in here and there. Anyway, it's mostly for me to look back and see what I did on a particular day. I also have some family members who read every day:) I am happy to have you back. Don't go away again, you hear me? HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!