THE HOUSE ON THE CORNER
Hmmm...this one is hard. I thoroughly enjoyed taking dance lessons; also going to summer camps. But some of my best times were spent at the home of MRS. HIGGINS, a lady I dearly loved. She was like a faux-grandmother and she loved me just as much as I loved her. She lived next to the railroad tracks with her teenage daughters Kathryn & Sue, her husband that I affectionately called HIGGINS, and their cute little dog Fuzzy. (Every year I got a birthday card and Fuzzy's name was included!) Kathryn & Sue would play with me and they all spoiled me rotten. I remember drawing water from an old well, taking baths in a washtub, and playing under the big tree in their front yard. Higgins worked for the railroad and when he rode by the house on the train, he would blow the whistle at me! That made me feel so special. I still stay in touch with Kathryn & Sue but Mr. & Mrs. Higgins and Fuzzy have been gone a long time, though I still miss them and will always remember and appreciate the love and attention they gave me.
4. Of the posts you have created for your blog, which one was your favorite and why?
Many of my posts have been about my grandchildren and experiences we have shared. One of my favorites was definitely A DAY WITH FUNNY PUTTY. The kids enjoyed it so much and hopefully when asked one day what their favorite childhood memory was it might be this or some other "adventure" with their Cheri.
5. What is your dream vacation?
I would love to travel abroad some day, maybe Italy or Greece.
6. When you don't have to leave the house, do you get dressed or stay in your pj's?
Definitely get dressed! I just don't feel right if I'm not "put together" for the day. Also, I like to look nice for my hubby!
Just my everyday, ordinary look...takes just 5 minutes & I'm ready to go!
7. Do you sing in the car when you're alone?
Are you saying everybody doesn't? Let's just say I make a "joyful noise."
8. Have you ever been to an auction; if so, what did you buy? Were you absolutely in love with the item or did you accidently, through no fault of your own, get caught up in the moment and buy something and when you got home wondered "why in the world?"
Yes, I have bought things at auction but if you have to ask me the rest of the question, you really don't know me! I agonize over how much to pay, or whether to buy it at all, or do I really need it, etc., etc. I only buy at auction things I really love and get a really good deal on. Some things I've bid successfully on can be seen here.
Well, this has been fun! Made me use a few brain cells this a.m....but fun! Thanks, Donna, for including me. Now I've got to pass my questions onto some unsuspecting blogger friends so I can learn more about them. Here are the blogger friends I've chosen:
ROSE @ Wonders of Life
Jan @ BobbyPins Boardwalk
Ganky @ They Call Me Ganky
Cindy @ Rick-Rack and Gingham
Molly @ View from a Saddle
Trey @ Brave Eagles Hunt with Antique Brownings
Ashlee @ Across the Branch
Linsey @ The Hunnie Pot
(Friends, feel free to participate if you have time; if not, I certainly understand.)
Here are my 8 QUESTIONS:
1. Tell one person who has greatly influenced your life; explain why.
2. What is one thing that you are very passionate about.
3. If money was no object, what is one thing you would buy for yourself OR what is one place you would like to travel to?
4. What is one thing that you very much enjoy doing?
5. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
6. If you had one talent (that you do not already have) what would it be?
7. What is your most embarrassing moment (if you dare to tell it)?
8. Would you rather live in the mountains or at the beach? Why?