Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Wedding Anniversary

Today is our 40th Wedding Anniversary!  So please allow me this post to say a few things about the wonderful man I had the good sense to marry........

*He is not only my husband but also my soulmate, my best friend, my mentor, my "other half."
*He is a wonderful father, grandfather, and friend.
*He is strong, sure, positive, fearless, young-at-heart, fun-loving, trustworthy....and so many other things.
*He loves me in spite of all my flaws.
*He at least tries to understand my moods!
*He is a good provider and never questions how or why I spend our money, trusting me to know when to spend and when not to.
*He doesn't share the remote very much, but would if I asked :)
*Everyday (usually more than once) he tells me he loves me.
*He always kisses me good-night.
*He always compliments me on how I look or the meal I prepared or something I have accomplished.
*He snuggles really good!
*He goes shopping with me and never complains about how long I keep him waiting.
*He's a Christian man who attends Sunday School and church with me almost every Sunday.
*He's funny and laughs often.
*He's still sexy at 61...and has these beautiful blue eyes.
*He helps with chores around the house and yard...definitely not lazy.
*He is generous to anyone and everyone...would give you the shirt off his back if he thought you really needed it.
*He is tender-hearted about many things but tough as nails about others.
*He is EVERYTHING I could ever ask for in a husband.
So....to the man I married "thank you" for EVERYTHING; thank you for loving me, marrying me, and growing old with me.   I  LOVE  YOU and appreciate you and I hope we have many more years together:
"If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be
a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you."
 Winnie the Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and "chat" with me...I love hearing what you have to say!